(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Runaway

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Runaway

I think I should start counting sheep!

You would think that more than three years after selling the milking herd I would stop dreaming about chasing cows. However, if you don't need to chase your own, you can always dream of chasing the neighbors'...even though they too have succumbed to the terrible dairy economy and followed other pursuits.

At least when I awoke this morning Bama, Moon, and Moonshine were still in our pasture....Or at least I think they are.....alone, with no massive herd of Jerseys, Ayrshires, and Holsteins among them....

There are deer though...there are always deer. 

4 comments:

Cathy said...

".. I would stop dreaming about chasing cows."

Isn't that something. Old habits and all . . . .

I'm hoping to catch up with your posts. This summer has been wild.
Now the boys and I are in KY waiting for the eclipse.

It's craaaaazy. I hope you've got you've got your eclipse glasses:)

Terry and Linda said...

The stress of chasing cows...aughhhhhh! I so remember those days!

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

I think you miss your cows, despite all the difficulties of keeping them.

threecollie said...

Cathy, thanks for stopping by! Kentucky! Awesome. Didn't get eclipse glasses, just going to do a quick list for ebird and call it goo. Enjoy your summer!

Linda, yeah, me too. Something I really hated.

Jacqueline, I think you are probably right.