(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Farmboi Landscaping

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Farmboi Landscaping


After just enough frost to nip a couple of hostas and one lilac bush we are back to what feels like summer weather...the nicest weather we have had all year I think.




Despite not feeling the greatest due to a cold that has been passed around recently we went to the Landis Arboretum plant sale on Sunday....and didn't buy one single thing. Nice plants, but if I wanted 'em, I already have 'em. It was pretty though and I would like to go down there some day to bird.



The boss has been busy getting the place spiffed up lately, taking out some of the ubiquitous Box Elder trees that spring up everywhere and grow like kudzu. I had forgotten what it was like to be able to actually see the valley without climbing 7-County Hill! Sure pretty. I stayed out on the porch until the mosquitoes drove me in.



He also dug out the weedy patch along the Long Lawn so we can see the bird bath again. It is too rough for Jade to mow so.....he uses the tools he has handy. We bought the bird bath for his mama a long time ago and still enjoy it. Hoping this cold goes away before the nice weather does.



2 comments:

Cathy said...

I share your happiness in reclaiming a view.
It's so amazing how fast nature fills in any voids.

threecollie said...

Cathy, this rainy summer has been insane! We were afraid that the Box Elders along the driveway, along with their canopy of Riverbank Grape vines, were going to fall down with all the weight and height they have put on this year. I do believe that some of them grew FIVE FEET!!! That light, spongy wood doesn't hold up to wind and ice very well. The wonderful views are a side benefit I am much enjoying.