(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: E-Train

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

E-Train



Last year I took photographed a heifer I particularly liked, Frieland Andy ETrain. E is a daughter of the bull Golden Oaks Andy-ET out of a Citation R Maple daughter I bred from my Trixie family. Trixie was the heifer the boss bought me for Christmas way back when we were dating. She turned out to be a wonderful investment, giving us four daughters and one son that we kept (plus bulls that we sold) and starting a powerful cow family for us.

The bull we kept was Frieland Patriot, (as he was born on the Fourth of July), a Paclamar Bootmaker son. He only sired three daughters as we don't use homebred bulls much, but one of those, Beretta, was the dam of Beausoleil, mother of Bama Breeze, and one of the nicest cows I have ever owned.


E is a grown up milk cow now, and although Andy didn't turn out to be much of a sire of good udders, hers is fairly decent. I think that stems partly because Trixie was rated excellent on her mammary system and Citation R Maple didn't do too badly in that regard either, although now, long after his death, he is minus over 2000 pounds of milk.

Anyhow, here are some pics of E as a working girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, remember Bootmaker and R Maple. Nice cow!

threecollie said...

Hi NW, I know she is no all American, but she is a nice little cow and the picture really doesn't do her justice. Liz says it is the angle I shot it from or something, but she is much bigger and solider than she looks.