(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Can lightning strick twice.....

Monday, July 30, 2007

Can lightning strick twice.....

....in the same place? Of course we all know that it can and does...after all, what do lightning rods do but encourage it to do so? But here is a poor guy who was personally (and painfully) struck twice, 27 years apart. Here is what to do if you are in a car, bus, or a vehicle with a ROPS and encounter a nearby storm.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I always wondered about what to do when caught in a car. This is excellent. Thanks!

threecollie said...

Cathy, I wondered too. I knew there was something of a Faraday cage effect, but I didn't know how it worked as far as touching things inside the car. I was glad to find out too.