(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Storm

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Storm




Yet another wild storm with torrential rains last night.
No hay is being made.
See the little dingle-dangles hanging down under that cloud? In the seconds before I took the photos, I was just sitting down in my Sunday chair to enjoy a wonderful anniversary dinner provided for the boss and me by our Becky. First bite of delicious calzone from Romana's had just been cut. I glanced out the window and saw this huge, pregnant, ugly thing hanging down from the big, black thunder cloud. The wind was already howling, folks had scurried to close windows, and the sumacs were lashing the windows like whips.

Having watched many tornado chaser videos, I ran for the camera. By the time I got back to the window, the bulge had been reabsorbed into the cloud and all that was left were those two little wisps...which were rotating around in a circle. It was over in an instant and no more than a glimmer of what it could have been, but this has certainly been a summer for bizarre weather.First a hot dry May (for which I was grateful as we got more work done every day than we can do in a week now). Now a cool, absolutely soggy, sorry June. We can't seem to buy two dry days in a row and keep having to turn the heat on to take off the miserable chill and dry the house out..

At least a man brought the steel for the barn roof yesterday. Of course the men had gone off for parts for the engine rebuild on the 930 so there was no one to help unload or to tell me where it needed to go.




6 comments:

Dani said...

Happy Anniversary! How many does this make?

Rising Rainbow said...

That's pretty much what the clouds have been looking like here lately. I sure hope summer is coming soon.

DayPhoto said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

Your storm photos are amazing.

Heavy hard winds AGAIN in our area. Hot, hot, hot winds. There is something wrong with our weather.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Cathy said...

Happpy Anniversary! Becky is a sweetheart.

I enjoy a nice rain storm. I'm terrified of tornadoes.

The one that recently killed people here in Ohio was only 20 miles from us.

I'm praying our trip to Cape Cod has no clouds like those you captured.

We'll be leaving tomorrow morning.

I hate blowing past you. So close and yet so far as we're barreling down I-90. If you hear a horn tooting between 3 and 5 - it's us :-)

Linda said...

There is no hay being made here either.....three inches and counting. Happy belated anniversary..I'll bet you are one happy couple!

threecollie said...

Dani, thanks! 25

RR, we are sure tired of gloomy grey days. Today the roofers are here and the sun is shining and I am really, really, really grateful. lol

Linda, thanks, wish I ran faster because I missed the real drama. Our weather is just wrong too. It doesn't seem like summer at all

Cathy, thank you...she is, isn't she? We had such a lovely dinner!
We are for the most part out of regular tornado territory, but they do occur and lately the weather conditions have been perfect...more tornado watches than I have ever seen before. Those storms out your way were horrific! I feel so sorry for the folks who suffered through them. They scare me too! I love it when you do toot your horn when you go by..I get a big happy grin knowing you are out there.

Linda, the big boys who chop and pile it all are done and starting second cutting here. We have to take it a little slower. I am hoping it will quit raining for a couple of weeks at least...we just don't need it and we do need to put up feed....and thanks for the kind wishes. We may not always be happy but we are determined. lol