(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Wednesday Thursday Friday?

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday Thursday Friday?

This is nuts. It is bad enough that there are parts of America that are too dangerous for the average Joe or Jill to visit due to urban violence, but how can there be places we can't visit because of foreign crime? It is unbelievable that anybody finds this acceptable. How can they declare national wildlife refuge off limits to the citizens who pay for it because nobody has guts (I wanted to use a better word here, but I'll be nice) to offer our people security and safety? Just read the initials of the title and you will know what I am thinking.


10 comments:

Ava said...

Good grief!!

DayPhoto said...

Our city park had that happen to it a few years ago, it took awhile but they got it 'cleaned up' so now the kids can play there again.

I believe in border control...

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Rev. Paul said...

Unbelievable. And unacceptable.

Jan said...

In the drug war in Mexico nearly 8000 people were killed last year and this year the body count is 3000.

Wars like this spill over borders unless there is border control.

Sandcastle Momma said...

The more I hear about this the more shocked I am. Hubby and I heard that report and couldn't believe it's that bad.
I think we should send troops en masse out there and have them take care of the problem.

lisa said...

We can take our troops over seas to protect us but we can't use them in our own country! Pretty damn bad if you ask me!

threecollie said...

Ava, yeah, this is just wrong...against everything our ancestors fought and died for.

Linda, me too. This country is just a disaster waiting to happen with control this lax. I, who was born here, need a passport or a special license to cross the Canadian border just a few hours to the north of us...meanwhile....

Rev Paul it is simply an outrage!

Jan, those are frightening numbers...and their president sits there and criticizes us for wanting to be safe from it

ScMomma, I think a lot of people feel the same way. I simply do not understand what the government thinks it will gain by laxity on the borders.

Lisa, I feel so sorry for the people who live there. They are not safe in their own homes.

Moms Musings said...

It's absolutely disgusting. We need a leader who will take charge.

Cathy said...

We watched this and it made my blood boil.

There's no way I'd be comfortable birding there as I did years ago.

I thought that sheriff was really together. Maybe they can swing public opinion in manner that will produce results.

threecollie said...

Cathy M, we do indeed, and that is something we haven't had in a while!

Cathy, it is simply an outrage and has gone on for far too long.
I hope something will be done to make the region safe for the people who live there and soon.