(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: A Robin in Your Ear

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Robin in Your Ear


Yesterday I opened the sitting porch door, which is sealed with plastic and blankets all winter, because it hit nearly ninety here. However, just as I was doing so the cows got away from Alan and had to be rounded up and I never got around to spending more than a minute out there.


This morning though I indulged in one of the nicest things about spring and summer, sitting in my red metal chair out there, with the camera and the sunrise......ah....


The birds were busy shuttling back and forth across the long lawn and I was just settling in comfortably, when whir-buzz-bizz-a robin flew up over the railing beside me and darned near ended up in my ear. I don't know which one of us was more surprised, but I can tell you that I sure ducked and covered. 


As you can see he is up to important business and once again I will be sharing the porch this summer...half pleasure, half pain...as it is nice to be close to the birds, but I hate to disturb them and feel guilty about using "my" porch. I was going to put a few sunflower seeds out there to see if I could have "cardinal in a box" again, but maybe I shouldn't. 


And I have a question...if you get a robin in your ear, how do you get it out?

3 comments:

Cathy said...

"How do you get it out?"

You don't. You put a cardinal in your other ear and smile at the birdy because we're all going to want a picture of THAT!!

Now. Back to the serious matter of how lucky you are and how lovely it is that you 'know' how lucky you are to be dodging a robin :)

threecollie said...

Cathy, bwahahaha! Yeah, lucky about says it all.

Terry and Linda said...

What a great photo! The robin with beak full of nesting material...looking at you with--what'ya doing all over his little bird face!


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com