(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Slow Moon in the Soup

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Slow Moon in the Soup



It wasn't much before nine when we got in from the barn last night. Things are slower with just the three of us doing it all and Becky working an off farm job as well.

The moon was the weirdest I have ever seen. These photos do not do it justice. It was surrounded by a dense halo of GREEN! Bright, eerie, green like electric pea soup.



And then there was a little yellow and pink around the edges. I could not quite capture the color, but it was really, really odd. As far as that goes the sky was pretty unique all day. Swirls of clouds like whipped cream on cocoa...if you had blue cocoa that is. Kind of neat.




And there were sun dogs. Guess the predictions for storms later in the week may be right.




The yard is heavily sown to juncos. I get a kick out of them. One of their calls markedly resembles chipmunk talk so I am constantly wondering where we got so many of them...chipmunks that is. Then I see the little grey gentlemen and ladies flashing their white tail bars around the lawn and bushes. They are very bold!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow. That's some canopy you've got over your heads there at Northview. I don't think I've ever seen clouds like that. Wow.

Terry and Linda said...

I always wish I could photograph the moon. You did a great job...capturing that halo would have been a huge feat...I'm always surprised at how accurate the earth and the sky are about predicting our weather.

Love your sky...just love it.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

threecollie said...

Cathy, it was amazing! I spent a lot of time staring up. lol

Linda, thanks, I take a lot of moon shots, but only get a decent one now and then. Alan is better than I am at it.