(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary

Friday, November 18, 2005

Oh, good grief, it snowed last night and stuck. We have had the darndest year for weather in my memory, right on top of several others that weren't too hot either. First we had the driest summer in decades, especially right here at Northview. Folks all around us got a few showers, but we couldn't find a drop of rain. Then the monsoons set in. I have measured over seven inches of rain in the past three weeks alone. That is without even emptying the rain gauge every time it rained, so we certainly got more than that. Now the snow is lying on top of several inches of gluey mud. It makes it absurdly hard to even walk to the barn, let alone get any work done. Bah humbug! In the old days I would have said, "I am moving to Florida." Doesn't seem like such a hot idea these days.

2 comments:

*~*Michelle*~* said...

LOL...Florida?!?!? That's where I am and it is cold (by our standards) here today. I put gas in the car and was very quickly reminded of what 62 and windy feels like. Probably a picnic to you, but COLD to me! Wishing you a mild winter.

threecollie said...

Hi,
Thanks for taking time to comment!
And thanks for the wishes for a mild winter...we are sure hoping.