(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Robins

Friday, February 10, 2006

Robins

We had robins today, the first of 2006. They were a mix of the bright russet and almost black ones we normally see locally and the paler Canadian ones. The light colored ones are distinctly different and very pretty. I tried my darndest to get a nice photo with the new camera, but my assistant made that impossible. Maybe they will come back some time when she and her partner aren't hanging around. Every time I tried to sneak up into the bushes to get a shot, they were right behind me wanting to join in the fun.

I wouldn't have seen them at all if my dear friend hadn't gone outside for a minute and spotted them. We had a great day, getting the bookkeeping up to date, having soup as is our tradition, and catching up on each other's doings. I meant to send some soup home, but forgot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though you forgot to send soup home with me, I came away with oodles of gifts -- a tummy full of yummy soup; a beautiful little planter with different succulants started just for me; the emotional satisfaction of meaningful, adult conversation; the warmth of being with a dear friend; and the fun of seeing the robins! Thanks.