(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Lucky me

Friday, June 02, 2006

Lucky me


I sometimes complain about the challenges of farm life, probably more often than readers would prefer. It can be a hard life, and it is comforting to whine. However, there are some rewards we don’t often think about that can make a day very pleasant indeed. Such as taking your 18-yr. old to get new glasses and pick up the wonderful dress grandma made her for the Senior Ball.(Thanks, Mom, she looks so beautiful in it.)

And coming out of the store to find a young man with a big box of yellow kittens free for the taking.

And being able to take as many as you can carry right home with you.

Oh, it was a job to push my cart loaded with a big pile of stuff, including fifty pounds of dog food, out to the car, all the while juggling two little golden live wires. (Thank God for elbows.) However, I was more than repaid in excited smiles when Becky finished her shopping and I gave her one, and when we got home with the other one for Liz.

Lucky me, yellow cats! If I had more arms I would have taken them all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great. I would sacrifice the convenience of running to the supermarket every half hour for the space to have all the dogs I cats I wanted. Remember the good things!!!

R.Powers said...

Well, maybe if they were golden retreiver puppies...

threecollie said...

Hi Jan, sometimes we tend to miss the forest for the trees, but I was as tickled as a kid to get the kitties for the kids.
FC, if they had been Golden Retreivers, Becky would have been insane with joy, as they are her favorite dogs....however, we already have the three border collies, a blue heeler and a pound puppy so...

Carina said...

Awww....yellow kittens!
I've read that yellow (or orange) cats have different personalities and can be more affectionate and sillier than otherly coloured cats. I've heard it referred to as OCD - Orange Cat Disorder. :)

Pugs said...

Hmmm... I suppose they too will eventually help out with the chores around the farm, keeping the vermin down.. LOL
A method in your madness perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Armywife would be the same way. She almost is like that now. Thank God common sense prevails.

Breezey375 said...

THANKS mummy. Kashette is soooooooooo cute.