(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Apple Season

Friday, September 08, 2006

Apple Season

*Honeycrisps*

Just brought home a half bushel of the first apples of the year. We eat a lot of apples when they are in season...probably a couple of bushels or so. I usually like the later varieties best, but there are a couple of early kinds that are good too.

The very sweet man who owns the orchard around the corner from us lost his wife a few weeks ago and it was a sort of sad trip. First time we have seen him since that tragic event. I wish I was better at knowing what to say.

I think we will make some jelly with the Honeycrisps we bought and maybe take him up a jar.

5 comments:

R.Powers said...

I love apples. That is one fruit that doesn't do well down here.

threecollie said...

Hello FC, sorry you don't get apples like we do, although I am wildly jealous of some of the things that do grow down there. There are so many good kinds, it is hard to know which to buy.

Anonymous said...

Carina here - this beta blogger thing is annoying! Is this something you opted for? I simply can't leave a comment with my ID on your blog, though I can on others.
Anyhow I love apple season. :) And, the guy who shot the three cops just surrendered, that's got to have your community breathing a collective sigh of relief.

threecollie said...

Hi Carina, have you tried signing in as "other" and just filling in your info? That works for me on non beta blogs.
This change was more something I was suckered into than opted for. We were informend that ALL blogger blogs are being moved and will eventually be forced to change so I did it when they asked me to. So far it is a LOT more trouble than it needs to be.
We were wildly happy to hear that Phillips was caught. We are quite a ways east of where he was eventually found, but he was stealing cars and moving around constantly so we were locking up and watching out all the time.

Anonymous said...

I guess I could do that too!
Yes, that is excellent they got Philips and I guess they're charging a bunch of other people as accessories for helping him hide.