(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Big buck

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Big buck

In between doing almost all his daddy's chores the boy got his first deer today. He came in all quiet and asked me to put his 20-gauge away for him and get the camera as he got a little bitty spike buck. Completely deadpan. I did as he suggested and went outside and there in the tractor bucket was this huge thing with the biggest antlers I have ever seen outside pictures from out west. It was only an 8-point, but a big, big deer. Nicest one we ever got here on the farm for sure.

So he is happy tonight.....and tomorrow we are cutting up venison I guess. I would post pictures, but they are pretty gory for polite company.

7 comments:

Deanna said...

Congrats, boy!

threecollie said...

He says thanks cubby, he came in last night and just crashed, he was so tired.

Anonymous said...

Yes! This is the post I've been hoping to see. You and your family deserved a bit of luck and fortune sometime during this difficult year.

R.Powers said...

Congratulations deerhunter!

Only an 8 point? Wow!

That would be a huge rack down here.

Anonymous said...

Tell the young man CONGRATS!!!!!! He must have been pretty excited. I can't wait to see some pics. :D

Rebecca Mecomber said...

POST THE PICTURES, POST THE PICTURES!!!!! Come on!!!

And in case you think I've lost my marbles, we used to hunt deer for food (hunting season or not) and burn wood for fuel when I lived in the wild green hills of the Southern Tier.

:)

Anonymous said...

Been trying to answer all these kind comments now for days, but blogger isn't having any. Alan says thanks to each and every one of you....and his mom hopes this one will finally work