(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: A canine hero

Saturday, February 03, 2007

A canine hero

This story of a stray dog, rescuing an injured motorist is pretty amazing. I knew I liked dogs.


***Update...Becky and I got to talking on the way up west to do errands today and came to the conclusion that if the animal that came upon the poor lady was a cat large enough to drag her by the collar she would have been a menu item rather than incredibly fortunate.

8 comments:

R.Powers said...

That story got my attention too. Pretty amazing.
Not unexpected tho ...
...it's a dog thing.

Flo said...

Exactly what'd you'd expect from dog :) Great Story!!!

threecollie said...

Hi FC, You are right...it is a dog thing. What if it had been a great big cat!

Hi Flo, thanks. Glad you stopped, as I lost the link to your site and now I can find you again.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great story and a fantastic dog!

...and as a cat lover and owner, all I can say about your addendum is... yup. You're right.

I love 'em... but for them, it's a pretty utilitarian kinda thing...

Whereas with my puppies, totally different thing!

threecollie said...

Hi Matthew, yeah, I like cats, some better than others, but wild canines, such as wolves, virtually never bother human beings, whereas almost any feline big enough to eat us generally likes to.

dmmgmfm said...

That is a great story. I'm not sure how I missed it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Don't you just adore dogs? :)

Anonymous said...

Great minds...are intrigued by the same stories.

I did a post on this before (and after) watching the Super Bowl. It intrigued me that this is one of the few dogs I've heard of who actually is setting his own destiny.

threecollie said...

Hi laurie and thanks for visiting. I thought it was an amazing story, mostly because the dog was a stray. I wonder if someone is missing him somewhere!

Hello Jan, I haven't had a chance to see your post yet, having been flat out all weekend with cold weather problems, new calves, and our belated Christmas get together. However, I will get over there as soon as I catch a break. Thanks for visiting!