(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Almost but no cigar...thank God!

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Almost but no cigar...thank God!

First there was a bomb threat at the school today...kids had to stand out in twenty degree weather for quite some time, then hunker down in the concrete-walled gym while the bomb-sniffing dogs were brought in to go through the buildings....
no bomb.

Then Old Roy dog biscuits were recalled....and on the fridge are the remains of a great big bag, the rest of which was devoured with great relish by a certain trio of border collies that I know. The Sunshine Mills website listed lots of closely related sizes and flavors of biscuits that contain melamine...
the ones on the fridge weren't on the list...
or at least not yet.

I am most grateful that both of these close calls were just that, on behalf of my favorite boy and the best dogs in the world.....

10 comments:

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

I'm glad the dogs are OK. I feel bad for the kids when they have to deal with these threats. We can't ignor them I guess but kids have been making them since I was in school. I hope they catch the responsible party and actually punish them.

threecollie said...

Hi apple, whoever did it complete ruined a whole school day. The poor kids didn't even get lunch until the end of the day as it took hours to search the school

Cathy said...

Lordy! Are you having fun, yet?!

Anonymous said...

Really scary, but I'm glad it all worked out. So many times I have bad things happen in threes during bad days.

threecollie said...

Cathy, always. lol....didn't know about either until they were moot points, the dog biscuits were mostly eaten and the bomb threat was over before I heard about them.

Hi Jan, and thanks, the bomb thing was front page news yesterday

Deanna said...

These recalls are scary.

R.Powers said...

We haven't had one for a while, but we had a spell of Bomb threats a couple of years ago.

My dogs just finished a bag of Ol Roy biscuits. I didn't know they were on the list too.

threecollie said...

Hi FC, Scary stuff anyhow. I like to have biscuits for the dogs, but how do you know what to buy for them?

Carina said...

Wooo, two close calls in one day!
I just did the obligatoty post on the recall. A dog I knew well died from one of the pouch foods last month. :(

threecollie said...

Hi carina...our friend's cat died of it too. Her house cats wouldn't touch the stuff, so she offered it to a barn cat and it died.