(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Hmmmmm.....

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Hmmmmm.....

What IS this?



Mom's (bored) board




Alan is bored in a more elaborate fashion
(with a little help from Becky)

****These are for Steve

****We are supposed to use these barn blackboards for cow related info...thus you can see above the watermelon some of the intimate details of number 49 (AKA Veronica) 's affairs and above the assorted tractors and fishing tackle you can read about Lemmie's love life and see when we received grain deliveries....should you for some reason be interested in such esoterica. However you can also see how we spend our time while we wait for the first set of cows to finish being milked. Sometimes these drawings become amazingly elaborate and last for months and even evolve. Such as the Halloween pumpkin from last year that was drawn on the bigger board where the tractors are now. Over the winter it froze, was covered with snow (LOTS of snow at some points), thawed, rotted into mush, and a little pumpkin seedling grew up the side of the board and bloomed. And then one day it was erased to make room for something else....you see, when I say bored, I mean BORED.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

If we get these boards to the right art dealer - you may have another career :0) After all - Jackson Pollock's canvases are now worth millions.

We were on I-90 on the approach to Fultonville at 5 PM today. I honked when I saw a white house with a steep roof just before the Auriesville (sp?) exit 28. Was I close?

I hope a special young woman with sore toes is getting her favorite dessert the last couple days. If I were she - I'd be 'milking' this situation. I suppose that's the towny wuss in me talking, eh?

Ontario Wanderer said...

The first photo is really bright and beautiful. Does it need to be anything else?

I hope you are photographing all of your bored, board works!

threecollie said...

Hi Cathy, I heard you! It was the right house....I was sitting in my Sunday chair stealing a few minutes with a good book before going back out to the barn to milk. I told the kids I thought that was you.
And she is so tough that she hobbled out for every milking except for her morning off. She is amazingly dedicated to her cows.

OW, thank so much. Actually we never have before, but now that I think of it I am sorry we never did. I will after this. We have a lot of fun with it. Oh, and the first one is an attempt to take a picture of one of the gold fish in the garden pond just a sunset. I am awful at fish photos for sure.

Anonymous said...

Cathy could be onto something here. And what is equally important is that through the artwork, you get a peek into the thinking, perceptions, and talent of everyone involved. Now that's worth a million bucks. Thanks for sharing, Mare.

/Steve/

threecollie said...

Thanks Steve...I never thought of taking pictures before, until someone in California suggested it. lol

Cathy said...

Yea! Now isn't that something?

We're sitting in our rental on Cape Cod. I'm bleary with exhaustion, but had to check in to see if my honked hello got to you.

You've settled in a might pretty area of this country.

threecollie said...

Cathy, I hope you have your feet up, with a cool, sweet view of the beach, a warm cup of tea, and an excellent book. When you are rested, there is always your camera, with which you perform miracles quite often.
I was so ticked to hear you out there! Blogging is kind of my thing and separate from real life. Knowing a blog friend was driving by sort of legitimized it and added contact with the real world in my mind.
And thanks, it is pretty here, but I can't claim any special brilliance in living among the nice scenery. I was born about ten miles from here and have just been too lazy to move far. lol