(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Not a good horoscope

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Not a good horoscope

***Plans are shifting out of place today -- but don't waste your good energy trying to figure out why (because the reason is probably out of your control). Instead, direct all of your good energy toward formulating the most effective reaction to the new situation. You can't afford to have a 'whatever' attitude about any surprises throughout the day. So if something bothers you or frustrates you, take charge and get rid of it. You can put things back on track!***

Above is my horoscope today from Iwon.com. I am not sure if applies to to boss falling while trying to drive a cow out of the barn and dislocating his shoulder, or not, but...
His shoulder popped back in on its own, (after he fainted in the milk house) but the doctor says the muscle pulled out a piece of bone from the top of the humerus. This could heal potentially with 2-4 weeks in a sling. Or he could have torn things that won't heal and need surgery. We don't have insurance so I sure as heck hope not.

Kids all came right home from school and dug in. Professors were nice about letting girls out of class. Liz and Alan fed young stock. Alan fed cows. Liz and Alan are putting an Ag bag on the bagger right now. Becky has several foods cooking and the kitchen in order. I am trying to get my brain going again after standing in the hospital for hours as I guess they don't do chairs.

For the future there is no knowing yet how much soft tissue damage took place. The rest of us are just going to do the milking before the girls go to school. Alan will feed cows when he gets out of school. Now if we can just figure out how to get in forty or so acres of corn that is still out...I may have to hire that done if things don't come along well with the shoulder. Never dull that is for sure.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

No doubt you can put things back on track. The stars say so.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! That's tough all around. Keep us posted.

Joni said...

Oh man I think this is the biggest fear of a farmer or rancher. Getting hurt means depending on others and some just have no one else to depend on. Count your blessings. Tell the boss to rest and mend. :)

Cathy said...

I'm sending so many wishes for your hubby's healing and comfort. Dang. Do let us know how things are coming along. Dang.

Deanna said...

Oh no! Boxer healing vibes coming at you! Hang in there!

Stacy said...

Ouch, is right! Sorry to hear about the Boss's shoulder. Nice though, that the kids can pitch in and their teachers are being understanding. I'll be praying that everything works out in the best way possible.

threecollie said...

Thank you to all of you! Your kind thoughts and words help a great deal. The man's shoulder is a real mess, but we had to kick him out of the barn this morning. Talk about stubborn....I am so grateful for the kids I can't express it. Even though they all have classes today they got up at 4:45 and got everything done with me. They just left for school a couple minutes ago

Anonymous said...

rain frustrates me . . . . how do I take charge of that?? Interesting how everything else happened!

Breezey375 said...

Just in case you wondered I hate the Verona coffee the bookstore has, and that was all that was there. Whaaa! This coffee is nasty. After a few weeks of 5 AM mornings and class all day, I'm gonna be a coffee addict. Yuck.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about the Boss! Hope he is doing OK, hope you are all doing OK! I wish we lived closer-- my kids and I would be right over to help. :(

threecollie said...

Mon@rch...we had about three inches last night, which is definitely frustrating.

Mrs. M, that is really sweet of you. We are pretty much keeping up with things, although everybody is kind of tired. It is a new routine but you get used to it. Thanks

R.Powers said...

I'm sorry to hear of the boss's injury, but not the least surprised to hear that your kids chipped in immediately and kept things rolling. Anyone who has read Northview for even a little while knows this is the true tale of a real farm family where the kids understand hard work and it's rewards.
Thinking of you and yours and hoping things heal well and quickly.

threecollie said...

Thanks FC, we are hanging in there and sort of getting used to the new way of things.

Rosie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the Boss!

I tell you...whether you are milking on a small scale by hand like I do or on a large scale like you do...milking is all about the shoulders!

I hope he's feeling better real soon!

threecollie said...

Hi Rosie, you sure are right about that...he can't even plug a milker into the pipeline. Thanks for thinking of us.