(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: The sleep of the just

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The sleep of the just


Or just sleep? We took a quick run over to Central New York Farm Progress Days today. Didn't stay long as these are busy times, what with corn chopping in full swing and all. This isn't our truck, BTW but I wouldn't mind if it was. We passed this one shortly after the incident below.

Anyhow, today the weather was spectacular, the show was pretty decent, although perhaps not up to past years, and the ride home was especially pleasant.

Out the car window near the auction

Most especially when we made a short detour to look at some machinery that is coming up for auction this weekend. As we rounded a corner on a tiny back road we came upon a National Grid truck. That is our area electrical utility and seeing their trucks isn't so uncommon. However, I am not so sure about the guy sound asleep in the driver's seat, head thrown back and mouth wide open. I hope it was his lunch hour, although it was two in the afternoon. I wanted to take a picture to share, but the guys wouldn't let me.

I did take a few others though.

This company supplies our milkhouse cleaning supplies.


****Update, I haven't spent much time reading blogs today, what with traveling, but I just visited Liz's, BuckinJunction. She posted yesterday on 9-11 and what she has written made me proud to be her mother. I mean, I always knew she was a good kid and all but this was just special for someone only 21 years old.

4 comments:

Paintsmh said...

I got pie from the church ladies at the farmshow. I think you guys will like it. I even got two videos to accompany our lovely dessert. Fun days. Specially hanging out with Brandon. And wait til I tell you about the 'new' product one of the girls got as a spoof for JT.

threecollie said...

That sure was some pie too!

R.Powers said...

That blue and white vehicle is an eye catcher and so is that sky.

threecollie said...

Thanks FC