(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: NAIS (allegedly) losing steam

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

NAIS (allegedly) losing steam

(Although maybe only until Hillary has her hand on the throttle.)

According to
this story in the Des Moines Register, even Collin Peterson is folding his tent (at least for a while).

"The chairman of the House Agriculture Committee, Rep. Collin Peterson, D-Minn., says he has given up on the program until there is a new administration. Peterson once introduced legislation to make animal ID mandatory.


"We have our head in the sand if we think we can get by without having one," he said."

Just call me sandy head I guess, because I sure don't feel any need to do more government paperwork and stick more ineffective tags in my cows' ears. If we do end up, as we probably will, with a different party in the White House next fall, I wonder what will happen to NAIS. I am not eager to find out though.

2 comments:

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Hmmm. With a different party in the White House, they'll not only be tagging our animals, they'll be tagging us!

threecollie said...

Mrs. M, I have no doubt whatsoever that you are exactly right. NAIS will seem minor compared to national people ID.