(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: The ice one

Thursday, December 06, 2007

The ice one

Me zero

I was helping the boss drive the heifers out of the barnyard this morning, so the milk truck doesn't have to wait for the gate to be opened. I was carrying my empty coffee cup, four bags of wet cow washcloths and a fiber glass sorting stick. I took a step.
And crashed flat on my back on the icy hill, banging my head a good one and wrenching at least one arm. He said I was talking but my eyes were open and not looking like anyone was home.

All I can say is, the ice won. Bah.

8 comments:

Paintsmh said...

My poor mommy. I'll beat the big bad ice up for you. Cause I love you!

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Egads! Do make sure you're okay... and watch for slippery ice!

Windyridge said...

Oh no! Hope you are ok.....

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Well, you're blogging and your wit is in fine form, so I'm hoping it was just a minor incident. You take care now, you hear?

Linda said...

That darn milk truck, it's all his fault.

threecollie said...

Paints, love you too, and thanks for milking so I could sit in my chair and hold my head still...

Matthew, thanks, I am going to leave driving heifers on ice to the experts I guess

WR, better today, yesterday was kind of miserable

Mrs. M, there is that and thanks...lots better today except for the left arm and since I am right handed...

Anonymous said...

I'll agree with Mrs. M. I was horrified when I read your post, but you seemed in fine form!

OK, so you had your milking off to recuperate - that's all one is allowed on a dairy farm. Isn't it amazing how farmers just keep going, even when they have an injury that would send most people to the hospital?

threecollie said...

NW, anyone with a normal brain (and health insurance) probably would have dragged themselves to the hospital. I hit my head hard enough to be almost knocked out and really ripped up the muscles in my left arm....but you know me. I have been concussed several times and it hasn't killed me yet. lol
Today I am still a bit dizzy, but not bad and definitely lots better....and as a bonus my back has been out bad for about three weeks and after the fall it snapped back in, which feels REAL good. lol