(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Oh, kitchen, my kitchen

Monday, December 03, 2007

Oh, kitchen, my kitchen

The fearful week (and four days) is done
Noses have weathered all attacks, the prize we sought is won
The smell is gone, the air is clear, and mama is exalting
While follow foods that are not tainted, the odor gone a faring

But heart, oh heart,
The grief that I have taken
While in the barn the kittens whine
Ousted from inside

Oh, kitchen, my kitchen, I am glad to have you back sir
Rise up, for you the cats evicted, for you the mom rejoicing

***to make things perfectly clear.....eleven days ago, Liz was given three cute (well two cute and one Hellcat) kittens by a dear friend of the family. They are more teen aged cats than kittens and for those long and miserable days they have lived in dog crates in my kitchen. Let me tell you, three cats in the kitchen smell...well, they smell real, real bad. No matter how often their little boxes are cleaned. Today they were exiled to their new home in the horse barn and I am a very happy camper. Very happy. Very, very happy.
However, Liz is not happy and thinks that I am mean as a box of rattlesnakes left on a hot sidewalk too long. Even so, it is nice to be able to breathe again.
(They only got to stay in as long as they did because the Hellcat one bit our friend and we needed to make sure she didn't have rabies.)

HT to Walt Whitman, who said it so much better.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really funny! Thanks for providing the link, for I had forgotten the lines. Again, you have created an amusing post out of a situation that obviously was far from entertaining for you.

Paintsmh said...

Thank you for letting my babies be inside tonight! It is so nasty out there!

Jan said...

I'm sure Walt Whitman would sympathize if his kitchen were invaded by felines from hell.

Breezey375 said...

I am no longer a cat person... I much prefer dogs and fish.

threecollie said...

NW, the poem, which I hadn't heard since high school just came to me as I was getting ready to whine about the kittens

Paints...hmmmm....they seem to be back in the kitchen this morning...

Jan, they are cute, but wow, a room full of skunks couldn't be any worse

Breezey...um, yeah! lol

Breezey375 said...

Mommy, I told the Iz to remove the kittens I SWEAR she told me you wouldn't mind. But me's had nothin' ta do with dem evil widdle stinkers (heavy on the stinker portion of that statement...
I'm thinking there are people in China who are really hungry today.....

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.