(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: A milestone

Sunday, March 30, 2008

A milestone

Tree sparrow cussing out a junco


With the new camera. I can pick it up off the desk before the sun comes up, take pictures of the moon and its little star and the dawn and load them onto the computer without ever turning on the light or looking for buttons. It took so long to get to that point with the little camera, perhaps because it was the first digital. With the big one...it is such a darned delight to take pictures with it, that in no time I have found the easier buttons....still have to learn the more complicated things but....wow!







East ...the sun is rising a little more to the north every day even if it is still freezing cold

South..click for the star



And because I have the big camera to play with the guys took the little camera to the auction with them yesterday. (They have been taking it along everywhere they go....Alan is pretty good at taking pictures and is bringing home some great ones.) Spring is auction time in the farm world and there are usually several every weekend. The boss loves them enough to have gone to Missouri Auction School (with me in tow) and the boy is fast becoming a BIG fan. They went to McFadden's famous spring auction yesterday and nearly froze but enjoyed the socializing as always.

Here is a road picture Alan took with the little camera.




12 comments:

Ellen Rathbone said...

Lovely shots! And I saw on your photo blog the great views of the snow geese! We don't get the massive flocks (of anything) here - I do miss waterfowl. Anywho, you posted a comment to me about the pine grosbeaks. They are still around these parts - I see them every time I drive out of town. They are along the roadsides (and in the road) picking up grit. Where in NY are you? Up in the North Country? Over towards St. Lawrence? Lake Champlain?

threecollie said...

Thanks naturegirl! I was so thrilled to see the snows as we haven't seen any in several years. Your grosbeak photos are just wonderful. What brilliantly colored birds! We live right along the Thruway fifty or so miles west of Albany.

Anonymous said...

Wowza. Looks great TC.

Sure looks like the new pup is working out quite nicely!

What's that fuzzy white stuff on the ground though? Hmmm.

LOL.

Ellen Rathbone said...

Ah - the lovely Mohawk Valley! I grew up in Hamilton and we would drive to Gloversville to visit family, so I know the valley area well. I also worked in Delmar for a short while almost 20 years ago. I haven't been back for a while, but I bet it is much more developed now. While the Adirondacks are nice, I find I miss the rolling hills and farm lands of Central NY.

Anonymous said...

What, what new camera? What did you get?? Great photos and cant wait to see what other pictures you capture!

Anonymous said...

As usual, Thanks for the great photos - and the time you spend sharing!

Linda said...

They are lovely shots, both yours and Allan's. Your country there looks like it would make a pretty calendar. You better start thinking about it!

Cathy said...

Beautiful pictures! How wonderful to rise with the birds in such a lovely setting.

I'm thinking that star might be a planet . . . maybe Saturn.

You're putting that new camera through its paces to very good effect.

threecollie said...

Steve, thanks for the kind words. If I called that white stuff what I think of it, that cuss o meter would skyrocket right off the charts.lol

Naturegirl Wow! I was born in Gloversville...many moons ago. Small world indeed!

mon@rch Canon powershot s3 is...amazing beast. I am still learning it, but thanks to my son it is quicker than it might be.

Nita, thanks I love taking pictures and meeting people here.

Linda, thanks, but I have a ways to go before I catch up with calendar makers like you....

Cathy, thank you! It could very well be one. I have always called it the little star that dogs the moon because that is what Mary Stewart called it in the Arthur and Merlin books. I loved them when I was younger and that phrase caught my imagination somehow.

BlenderBach said...

beautiful photos! Almost makes me miss the snow...

Deb said...

Beautiful pictures......that little sparrow looks downright mad! :0)
I love going to the auctions......did they bring anything home with them?

threecollie said...

BB, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment and thanks for your kind words.

Deb, not this time, but last week they bought a big, wooden tool box which is kind of neat. It is also filthy and they dumped it in the middle of the living room..lol