(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Spitzer resigning...maybe

Monday, March 10, 2008

Spitzer resigning...maybe

News reports from all over say that the governor of NY, Elliot Sptizer, may resign tomorrow.
Never liked the man. Never, never, never.
When he was attorney general it was clear that he was running for governor, rather than attending to the state's legal business. I used to use Attorney General's office publications for research for the Farm Side. When he took office most of them vanished from publication.
Although he has been a fairly good man as far as helping farmers goes, his policies in relation to almost everything else have appalled me. I was just thinking today as I read Windy Ridge's comment on gun control measures planned for New York under the current administration that the worst thing that has happened to the state in years was George Pataki's appendicitis. That was before I learned about this.
Today is the first time in over thirty years that I heard my dad give his rebel yell (over the phone). I think he is happy about the news.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't this crazy! I thought it was a joke when I first heard about it!

Anonymous said...

I'm appalled, but not surprised. And, not surprisingly in today's culture, I've read comments that 'prostitution should be legal anyway.' Spitzer deserves, IMO, to be nailed to the wall. Not only has he prosecuted prostitution rings like this (so knew exactly what he was doing) and betrayed his wife, but he has selfishly betrayed New York. What kind of chaos will this create in the state? What are the chances of an on time budget? -NW.

threecollie said...

Mon@rch, it is simply staggering..not that a politician would do such a thing, because I am sure many of them do, but because he has portrayed himself as such a crusader against corruption...

NW, I guess the budget is going to be a mess no matter how this plays out, sadly. Even worse I think it would have been a disaster anyhow, and this may even be positive in the end. Our gov had many proposals in his tentative budget, such as a fuel tax increase, that would have done nothing but harm to the economy and the cost of doing business. Now, whatever else may happen his teeth have been dulled at the very least. Sad that the best the other side of the aisle can come up with as a spokesperson is Tedesco. Dang.