(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Eight Belles

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Eight Belles

I swear, I am going to stop picking horses in the Derby. We have a family tradition of each choosing a horse through the year before the big race and cheering our choices on. This goes back long before I even knew the boss....Secretariat and Affirmed were both horses I liked back in the day. I picked Barbaro the first time I saw him in the newspaper. We all know how that turned out. This year Liz picked Big Brown and the rest of us didn't pay much attention. Then Alan and I both liked Eight Belles for first and Big Truck second when we saw the actual line up. And it happened again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun being able to pick them so early like that!

Anonymous said...

The loss of Eight Belles has just about done me in for horse racing. I think that these animals are pushed too young and too fast.

Anonymous said...

heya, am dropping by from blogexplosion.

you've got some serious content, especially specialized.

Here, check outAdSense Secrets, it might help with your AdSense & Google Searchbox placement.

threecollie said...

Mon@rch, I have picked PLENTY of losers too. lol We do have a lot of fun with it though. We were just watching a rerun of Alydar vs Affirmed and I could remember the Belmont stretch call like it was yesterday...we didn't even have a TV at that time and listened to it on the radio of my bright orange '72 Chevy pick up.

osudvm, I am beginning to feel the same way. I have read that this may be because so many horses descend from Native Dancer who was frail. Dunno if it is true, but I sure am sick of watching horses break down. Dang.

Ken, thanks for the advice. I am hoping that a certain college student who is studying web design will clean up my template for me. I am not exactly confident in html and css. lol

Anonymous said...

My stomach churned when I read of Eight Belles, just as it has bothered me with the others. Sad day.