(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Two more days

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Two more days

I can't resist the way the sun hits this door and mirror every morning...
just at this time of year.

On Friday, Liz will be done with her internship and finished with college....except maybe they want her to fill in on Sunday (we hope not) and she has to do a presentation in the fall. It has been a long three months. Our corn planting is behind because the boss has to milk when she doesn't. If he is in the barn milking he is not in the field planting. (That and he broke the gang bolt on the disks yesterday, which doesn't exactly help.) She and I are eager to get some calf housing units built and to move some babies around, get things cleaned up and just generally take a hold and do better.

Anyhow, I sure can't wait. This will be the first fall in many, many moons that somebody has actually not had to go back to school. Every year we get a great routine going over the summer. We work well together and play a little and end up with a great sense of satisfaction at how life and work and family are going along. Then comes school, everybody leaves and it is down to me and the boss and whoever can fill in when they aren't in class.
The fun kind of goes out of everything then and it is all work and no play.
This year Beck and Alan will both be in college, but at least Liz will be staying home.
I think it will be nice.
Heck, I know it will be nice....now if we had them all home, oh, heck guess I shouldn't get greedy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture, and finally Liz will be home! It is so nice to have family to work with, when someone reads your mind and helps without being asked and always the jokes, that are only funny to the farmers at hand. What a relief for you - I hope you have the weather for the boss to get the planting in soon, and here's to a summer of firsts for your family!

Anonymous said...

Such a blessing that you are such a close family. There is real satisfaction in a job well done by everyone pitching in to make it work.

Deb said...

It will be wonderful for you all to be together. I say go ahead and get greedy! I know exactly how you feel. I wish my boys would be happy on the farm and never want to leave! 12 more days and Ty will be home for the summer. I dread it when he has to go back. I miss him terribly. I think it's harder on me than it is on him.

Good luck with the repair work and the planting.

Deb
Tylerfarm

Jinglebob said...

Grandkids! Think grandkids! They are wonderful ! LOL

threecollie said...

Nita, thanks. You have it exactly right. Nobody else will choke on their coke if I mention summer vegetables or faucet polish, but I am guaranteed a reaction from my gang.

Tipper, we are lucky indeed.

Deb, a lot of parents dread vacations when the kids are home I guess. I have never been one of them, even when they were little.

Jinglebob, yours are certainly more than cute! I am kind of looking forward to them, although I am going to revel in the short time I still have everybody home just now.

Paintsmh said...

I wanna be home I wanna be home. I miss my cows so very very much!!!!

threecollie said...

Paints...us too!