(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Peace and quiet

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Peace and quiet




I am so ready for some.
(Which is fortuitous as next week is our vacation.)
Camp
Ahhh......





In the past week the guys have blown a piston on one tractor (Case 930, 43+ years old and the absolute standby for mowing, baling and running loads), killed one forage wagon dead as a doornail (it was a terrible wagon right from the get go and we will certainly never buy another New Holland), scored the shear bar on the chopper and spent about half their time running around after parts and looking for another wagon and at mid-sized used tractors. Nobody's fault but....
It has not been fun for those of us on the sidelines. (They did manage to find a John Deere forage wagon that was both cheap and functional after some minor work.)





I have sustained my sanity by day-dreaming about loons and hemlocks and the soft rippling of water against the dock. I have gently packed this and that that I can live without until the weekend. I have lamented the loss somewhere in the course of changing computers of my "camp list" with important things like a can opener and a colander detailed on it. For once I have the noodles in the pile for the trip...the floating noodles that is. I am perfectly capable of swimming and snorkeling and do, but there is nothing like pulling your feet up so you don't get them in the bottom goo...and just drifting among the sun sparkled waves. I have forgotten them the last two years in a row.

To get to the weekend, I have to finish out today.
Function through tomorrow.
Get serious about packing on Friday.
Go crazy on Saturday with last minute packing (after milking the cows one last time in the morning) and shopping for perishables, getting through check in and unpacking.




Then on Sunday morning, while the folks in the other cabins sleep off their carousing from the night before (the only real draw back to camping where we do is raucous parties all night every night...I relish every hungover minute the next morning though because it is dead quiet), the loons and I...maybe a rock bass or two....and the sun and the lake will commune in peace. The loons will have minnows and I the first cup of coffee, binoculars, camera and a good book. I can't wait.




***Photos are from other years..
.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! And a well deserved rest for you all!

Jeffro said...

Hang in there - you'll make it and then you can relax!

And as usual, great pics!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh vacation. We will be leaving Saturday morning. Jen and I hope you have a great time and even better weather. We'll have to share pics!!!!

Deb said...

Wishing you all a restful, fun filled, much deserved vacation!

Linda said...

Okay, when do we leave? I'll even sleep outside:)

Stacy said...

It sounds heavenly...and I'm jealous. Enjoy yourself and say hello to the loons for me.

Anonymous said...

You all deserve a rest - have fun!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I'm going with you!

threecollie said...

Tipper, I am really looking forward to it, thanks

Jeffro, thanks, can't wait for that porch

NYV, have a great time! It is beautiful up there for sure.

deb, thank you...I am hoping

Linda....we have a couple air beds....

Stacy, thanks and I will

Nita, thank you

Tim, hope you like trout. lol

Anonymous said...

Fred, can,t wait myself. souns like a rough week. last couple of days I have getting equipment packed for the florida job.
love ya
Mappy