(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Yesterday was just such a busy day

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Yesterday was just such a busy day



For birds and wild things. This little sparrow showed up on the sitting porch and obligingly sat for his portrait, while occasionally cheeping very musically for his folks.




When they refused to come in he flew away on his own.




I think he may be a savanna sparrow, .
I am not strong on juvenile sparrows.
Anybody?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

juv plumage sparrows can be tricky! Would be helpful if you captured mom's picture also! :)

Freste said...

If you can eat it, I can probably help you out, otherwise I'm absolutely no help at all. LOL.
Beauteous pics. Anyone who can get good bird pics is superhuman in my opinion.

threecollie said...

mon@rch, I was hoping you would tell me if it was a song or savanna or something else. I didn't want to touch it and these were the best pics I could get of it without disturbing it. Mom wouldn't come out of the bushes, dag nab it.

Steve, it was not hard as it was sitting right on the porch floor, but thanks. We were so tickled to see it.