(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: College starts today

Monday, August 25, 2008

College starts today


The fair starts tomorrow. No zucchini so I will be skipping that class. I don't think I am going to cut down my giant sunflowers either......so I guess I will be just taking over some photographs....of frogs and toads, amazingly enough.

Hoping to get time to help Liz get her decorations up today. She was out in the barn until about 10:30 last night clipping heifers.....guess she is done with them anyhow. Figuring on missing Becky and Alan a lot today, but I guess I have to get used to it.

And all I have for you is this little sneaky snake Beck caught yesterday. I have never seen as many garter snakes as we have this summer. This one is slimmer than a pencil and about as long as the worn off stubs of them that I keep finding in Alan's pockets when school is in session. As little as they are they will hiss and spit and strike at you just as if they had something to back it up with. (The snakes, not the pencil stubs...the latter just make a lot of noise in the washing machine if I miss them.)


10 comments:

R.Powers said...

Cute snake pup!
Good luck to all with the college start up.
Starts here too!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about college starting for you, but glad for Alan and Becky.

Good luck to Liz at the fair.

We've seen more snakes this year too.

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

A sure sign that winter is just around the corner: going back to school.

You wouldn't believe how many snakes I/we've seen in the last two days! About eight or nine, and six of those were yesterday! They always have a way of showing up when you least expect them to, even though you know that there could be snakes out in the field.

Dani said...

Funny as small as he is, that he's got that much attitude!

Linda said...

Our little garter snakes are green, orange and yellow and not just a solid black. Even the real tiny ones.

Anonymous said...

Can you stand some reminiscing? When I was growing up in Glen, there was a well on Main St., right next to the sidewalk, that was always full of those little garter snakes. Old Mrs. Edward's would walk up the sidewalk with her cane ... and squash them like pancakes. Funny the things a picture can bring back.

Melissa Hart said...

I love fair time...so can we assume by the end of the week you'll be feeling like you've been put through the ringer? And you'll have a mountain of laundry?

I have another month before our county fair....good luck!

Breezey375 said...

He sure was a cute little bugger wasn't he?

Anonymous said...

You'll be just fine with the kids off to college, you know that! Maybe you'll even see more of them now, isn't that how it works?
Love the snake...
Take photos of Liz' set-up at the fair. We hope to make it.

threecollie said...

FC, thanks, everyone got through day one okay anyhow....they even got home in time to help us finish up chores, which was great fun as everyone had so much news.

Nita, I miss them...they are having a good time though. And thanks

Aussie O, what kind are you seeing? this has been quite a year for them here...they are everywhere

Dani, I can't believe how aggressive they are. Glad they are harmless!

Linda, for some reason ours are such a dull color this year...usually they seem brighter

AKAgaga, I LOVE to hear stories like that. Thanks! Poor little snakes. lol

KFW, easy to see you have been there and done that...I am already tired. lol thanks for the good wishes!

Breezy, he was indeed!

Teri, all done...how did you know what I was going to post today? lol I hope we get to see you there!