(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Four and Twenty

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Four and Twenty

Black birds sitting in a tree


(Or more likely four-hundred and twenty starlings and one lone red-tailed hawk over on the left side. He likes this tree despite the crows going after him all the time.)






And these teeny, tiny seedlings came from this fruit on my Easter cactus. I am so excited and hope I can grow them up!



It is raining and miserable today, with frozen mud and ice under the standing water puddles. Everyone is cranky and I am kind of enjoying the fact that nobody but me is home.

5 comments:

Jan said...

The birds make me think of Daphne duMaurier's short story, far scarier than Alfred Hitchcock's.

Deb said...

Congrats on your baby easter cactus. I can't wait to see how they grow and mature. That's very cool :)
I'm sorry your weather is so miserable :( We had incredible cold now it's 50! The mud is so deep I almost got stuck with the 4 wheel drive. Tomorrow - freezing rain and snow. It's bizarre.....

I really like the days when I get to be home alone.....even if just for a few hours. The peace and quiet is wonderful :)

threecollie said...

Jan, I haven't read that, but I would like to. I like duMaurier...do you know the title?

Deb, thanks, I am excited all out of proportion to the actual importance of growing them. We have about the same weather. The storm forecast for today is metamorphosing as fast as they can read it. Stay dry, keep warm!

Anonymous said...

Love the birds. Something about a flock of birds that is just sooo neat.

threecollie said...

Tipper, I love to watch them too...they bring the landscape alive!