(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Marvelous Mountains

Friday, December 12, 2008

Marvelous Mountains



When I saw the small version of this photograph of some mountains in this article, I thought they were mountains...you know regular mountains. Then I read the caption. They are not regular mountains, they are special mountains. The story doesn't have any surprising revelations, but the picture just astonished me...and made me say, "Holy...you know what!!"


***I wonder what kind of tax the EPA will put on the emissions from a pile this size!

8 comments:

Dani said...

WOW!! That's a whole lotta poo!!

DayPhoto said...

Goodness! I looks like the steam is coming off the top of the piles of *h*t!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Holy Crap is right! Looks like what they haul away from the White House ;)

~ Sara ~ said...

And here I thought we had a big pile... (20x10x6) is our largest one and that's over a years time or more!

dmmgmfm said...

Holy Hannah! That's a pile!

Jan said...

I thought commercial fertilizers were used when manure wasn't available. But then I'm a city kid.

Jeffro said...

The piles of manure around here don't get that big - it's used up. There is a whole subset of the farm economy based on used cow poo - people that collect it at feedlots, haul it out and either stockpile it in a corner of an irrigation circle or just go ahead and spread it. The stockpiled stuff gets spread in due time, too.

So, our olfactory organs are serenaded by some pretty pungent vapors when the wind is just right, both from the feedlots and the freshly fertilized fields. "Smells like money" is what everyone says.

threecollie said...

Dani, sure is!

Linda, yeah, I think it is...black gold.

Nita, yes, yes

Sara, I can't imagine how long it would take our cows to come up with anything like that!

Laurie, a pile indeed!

Jan, really you are pretty much right for folks who have livestock...of course the big corn and grain farmers don't always have cows.

Jeffro, just what they say here too...we have a few piles around, which need to be spread, but I can't even imagine anything like that!