(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Sunday Stills

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Sunday Stills


Here is the best I can come up with this week. Critters were simply not in the mood to cooperate, not even the fish. You can read about this at Linda's blog or here.

***For those of you who remember, "He's Got a Knife", he has run through the house yet again with a steak knife extended in front of him, this time with Alan hot on his heels, and last night he got up to more mischief. Liz was on the computer and I was putting the last touches on stew for supper before we went out to milk the cows. Suddenly a loud and commanding voice shattered the dark stillness in the house, then people started wishing me happy birthday and singing to me. (BTW, my birthday is the 4th of July). It took us both a few seconds to figure out what was happening and to turn on the dining room light.

And there he was, sitting on the answering machine, watching the headlights of the skid steer as the boss fed the heifers. As it happened I saved the messages that the boss's dear, sweet aunt sent and the wonderful singing of my next younger brother, who sounds great even singing happy birthday....so the cat played them. And now the little stinker is on the windowsill next to me, hiding behind the curtains and batting at my elbows.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fred Nice Cat I want one!
Love ya
mappy

Deb said...

That's a great photo of your kitty....who by the way looks quite content and happy :)

Have a nice sunday ~

R.Powers said...

Calendars confuse cats ... he probably thought it was time to celebrate your arrival.

He's off the hook now if he forgets on your real birthday.

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

Love the photo, and the story too! I never have understood cats...

Anonymous said...

Looks like the cat is being cooperative.

More cooperative than google/blogger which wouldn't let me sign in as myself.

cube
The BLOG

Jan said...

He looks totally in control of the household. A while back our cat discovered how to use the remote to the garage door. We hope now we have hidden it well.

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

I think you have a new boss there! He looks like he is ready to issue orders!

Great pic!

Linda said...

I'd love a cat with a personality like your cat............from a distance:)

joated said...

Ours just turns the darn phone off.

Ed said...

Thanks for the contribution the the sunday challenge and the link to my blog. Elvis is adorable!!!!
Don't forget next week is Holiday lights...

Freste said...

Now could a dog do that????????

:-)

threecollie said...

Matt, I'll bet Gordie can get you one! Love you too

Deb, thanks, hope you had a good one while on baby watch

FC, as good as I am to him, he darned will better remember it!

Aussie O, I never even liked cats much...maybe just in a vague way, but this one is different.
Thanks

Cube, he did hold still for a few minutes. Sorry about the Google thing...sometimes it does that to me too.

Jan, he is. That is hilarious about the garage door opener! Wow!

Nita, he is howling now to get out of his house.

Linda, I am not a cat person either, really I am not, he is just different. Maybe a dog in another life and if so certainly a border collie.

Joated, I am glad we are not the only ones with stuff like that going on.

Ed, thanks, if I get downtown at night I will have a go at it, but I don't go out much...

Steve, they might could, but I sure wouldn't be too happy if they did. lol Actually I wish the little stinker would stay off this table. I like to display a swan my dad carved me there...where it reflects in the mirror. However now it is on top of the china closet out of his reach.

DayPhoto said...

I love the photo! What a beauty! And he knows it!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Elvis made me laugh out loud! Please tell him I said "Thanks for brightening a stressful Monday at work."

threecollie said...

Linda, thank you...he really does. lol

Susan Rose, I am sure he is glad to be of service. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you need another cat to keep him company!

threecollie said...

Teri, he has this thing about other cats. It is not a good thing. lol