(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Where is it?

Monday, February 16, 2009

Where is it?



I am betting some of you will know where these photos were taken. Alas, I was not there and did not take them. Rather my youngest brother and his wife, the weavers, took these when they were near a place where he was drilling to stabilize some earth...that is what he does by the way when he is not farming or weaving...he drills holes for concrete and grout to stabilize stuff, including the subway tunnel where the World Trade Center once stood.



****Update, I KNEW I had seen this building before! When Matty sent it to me it looked so familiar. Today I went searching for where I had seen it. I haven't been to the state in question since about 1973. If you want to know the answer to the question of where it is, go here......and little bro, not so long ago you were not so very far from on of my favorite bloggers!

He uses this thing, (although the trailer is not supposed to be broken like that.)



If you know where these were taken, state, city, general locality (there are two) or anything, leave an answer in the comments if you wish.

****Except for the drill these are Florida pictures taken around St Augustine and at White Springs Florida. I recognized the store right away and had to search Pure Florida to find the other picture where I had seen it before.

7 comments:

Moms Musings said...

Could the first picture be the torch of the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor?

Anonymous said...

That first picture looks like the inside of some lighthouses I've been in.

Love the pic of the old hardware store, too!

J.W.

Dani said...

The pic of the old building kept buggin' me. Makes sense now that I know we saw it over PF.

Anonymous said...

Fred Wish I had known that. Thanks for putting the picts up.
Planted petunias today. did five flats. Know its early I couldn't wait.
Love ya
Matt

Anonymous said...

I know I haven't seen those stairs before, WAY to high up for this flatlander.= ;) Petunia's, EARLY? It's still winter and somebodies trying to make me jealous.

Ed said...

Lighthouse is my guess. Beautiful sunrise.

threecollie said...

Cathy, excellent guess! It looks a lot like it

JW, right on the lighthouse!

Dani, my bro sent it to me Sunday and I KNEW I had seen it somewhere before. I searched FC's blog a couple of times and there it was!

Matt, it really isn't too early for petunias and geraniums...they take a long time and when they start to get too big, if they start to get too big, you can always pot them right up in hanging baskets or something love you

LInda, I start mine WAY early,,,just to have something to do. got to get some seeds. lol

Ed, it is a lighthouse!