(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: 71

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

71


Here are a couple more shots I took when looking for one for Sunday's post.


Went out at four to check cow number 71, Cisco. She is bred to Silky Cousteau and the boss thought she would calve last night. Not yet, but soon I think. I gave her fresh straw and gave the springers and fresh cows some hay while I was out there. Chucked some wood in the stove on the way in. A big hunk of log tried to roll out the door on me when I opened it, but I caught it with the shovel. Burning good this morning, house is nice and warm..

Roosters were in full flap and crowing up a storm, despite the fact that the only light was from the stars, my flashlight, and cars on the Thruway. Silly birds. Liz thinks somebody dropped us off a couple of ball bearing mouse traps last night. There was a big orange cat and a small black one on the porch when she came in from checking the cow before bed. This winter, what with coyotes, owls and all was really rough on the barn cat population so I guess I don't mind so much if they stick around.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you're welcoming the new mouse traps...they must've needed your farm to live on....poor homeless things....good match up though! i hope they earn their keep
:)

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Love the trim pics - and Liz's description of the mouse traps :)

We can't get far above 3 cats around here - something is always getting them.

DayPhoto said...

Love your house. What an incredible piece of woodcrafting. Although, I would hate to paint it. I have trouble with our bunglow craftsman---I'm afraid of height.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

R.Powers said...

I need to borrow your coyotes and owls. Mine are not doing their job.

Anonymous said...

Fred we don't need any cats.
Just love your house!!!!!!!!
Want to sell some of those bulls ??
Love ya Matt

Anonymous said...

Yup, roosters! Mine are starting between 3:30 and 4:00. They make me smile even then.

Islagringo said...

I love your house. It has such interesting detail. I would love to take some paint to this Victorian masterpiece and turn it back into a true "painted lady".

Paintsmh said...

I'm just glad she had a heifer. And that heifer is doing okay. And that you let me name her. LOL

threecollie said...

Anon, they seem to have left again. I actually hope they come back

Nita, thanks, we can't seem to keep many either.

Linda, same problem here, plus ladders that go high enough are a real issue

FC, take em! Just leave enough to eat the woodchucks. lol

Matt, already gone to the sale. Didn't bring much but at least we didn't get a bill for them. Love you too.

Teri, I enjoy them too. They don't wake me up as a rule and they just sound "right" around the place

IG, how I wish we could. We paint a little on it each summer, but don't have ladders to reach any of the high parts

Paints....hmmm....
squid....er...calamari
Am I going to be sorry? lol

Unknown said...

Wow I love the wood work under your eaves!

threecollie said...

Thanks, Tim, someone put a lot of work into it...