(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Farm Food Formula

Friday, March 27, 2009

Farm Food Formula


I learned to make spaghetti sauce from a series of experts, including grandmas, mama and a Sicilian family when I was in college. I have had a lot of practice. The other day I made a batch with some fresh sausage from our piggies and hamburger from our last beef. And the Italian seasoning I was forced to learn to make when the kids began to cook everything from eggs to steak with the stuff. It turned out rather well (if I do say so myself). Been too busy to bother with pasta so we have been eating it on bread. Not all bread is created equal so....

Alan and I begged Liz to make a batch of her super/wonderful.really, really great, homemade bread.

And she did.

Put them together and what do you get?

Sheer bliss....of the culinary kind.

8 comments:

h said...

Sounds deliciouso. Not sure if deliciouso is actually an Italian word.

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

The photo of Liz's bread has my mouth watering - I love to eat it, but hate to make it!

Freste said...

Yummmmm double Oh my God!!

threecollie said...

Troll, I think it is...and it was, thanks

Nita, I used to bake bread now and then, but she is so good at it I just stand aside now and let her do it. I love to eat it too, lol

Steve, exactly what I said, lol

Unknown said...

OK now you are killing me! I don't have a kitchen yet and now I want to bake bread. Dang!

threecollie said...

Tim, you are going to have a real nice one when you are done though!

Teri Conroy said...

I told Liz, I'm moving in. The barn is fine. YUMMY!

threecollie said...

Teri, I will have to send her down to you with something she cooks up. When she gets in a cooking mood, I am a happy camper! Yesterday she made stew, bread and oatmeal/cherry/cinnamon cookies.......lol