(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: A Bigger, Better Bird Feeder

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Bigger, Better Bird Feeder


The yard is alive with birds.




More than usual, even though there have really been a lot of them this summer. I went out yesterday to check on a yellow warbler that hit the big windows. (He was fine.)






And found that the mulberry trees are loaded with fruit. Cat birds, mockingbirds, cedar waxwings, robins and just about everybody in the neighborhood are in full holiday mode. I hope they stay away from my laundry.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes...bummer on getting bird-pooped upon laundry...especially after eating a lot of juicy, yummy berries!

nice pic's!

~ Sara ~ said...

You have quite the variety of birds... we have a few Indigo Buntings, Mocking birds, and a few others...

Isn't fun to have done loads of laundry, hung it out to dry, and then find little bird gifts all over it... :) Ahh the joys of summer...

Anonymous said...

I love mullberry pie and its been years since I've tasted one. My grandma used to have a tree and make the pies for us.

Jeannelle said...

Nice photos. Sounds like you have a great variety of birds to enjoy.

DayPhoto said...

I am growing my first mulberry tree and it is full. I am so excited.

I love laundry hung outside.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

threecollie said...

Anon, so far so good but....

Sara, this year has been amazing for birds. I have never seen so many. Maybe it is the excellent berry crop

Anon, the boss' mom used to make it. Sure takes a lot of patience.

Jeanelle, thanks, seems we really do this year.

Linda, they seem to grow wild around here, planted by the birds. We have quite a number of them, although I don't have the patience to trim the berries. Maybe I should try making jelly from them. Heaven knows there are a lot...