(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Books

Monday, July 06, 2009

Books


Are the perfect gift around this house....Thus my birthday was perfect due to quantities of books. I should have been too old to squeal with joy when opening a package, but I did at mom and dad's house. An owl book. A big pictorial bird book. A kitchen pharmacy book. Mrs. Rasmussen's Second Book of One Armed Cookery ( a veritable treasure and Mom's own copy, which will be doubly delightful), and last, but not least a book on cannons. How cool is that? Now if I can just get a real one for the front lawn......and that tank for repelling trespassers......

Along with the field guides and a novel for camp provided by Alan, not to mention chocolate and an Amp from Liz.....ah......I feel pampered. To make it all perfect we were treated to two sets of simultaneous fireworks, one at the race track and the other at some town up west and across the river. They were stupendous and we had the added benefit of the old dogs being so deaf they could barely hear them, so there was no panic and hiding in the bath tub this year.

9 comments:

Teri Conroy said...

Happy to YOU!!!!!!
Books are the absolute BEST! The ones you received sound great. Someone just gave me a book: Still Life With Chickens. I'm only a couple of chapters in, but it's a hoot.
Books and Birthdays, yes indeed!

lisa said...

We all love receiving the books. Great photo of the fireworks!!! Late happy Birthday from me!!!

Caroline said...

We all count on someone picking books for us for Christmas. After breakfast everyone settles in with a good book and a cup of good coffee for a while.

Jeannelle said...

Cool fireworks collage!

The books sound great. Happy reading and cooking and birdwatching!

Dani said...

Yippee! Glad you had a wonderful birthday! :)

Sandcastle Momma said...

There isn't much better than a good book.
Great fireworks pics!

threecollie said...

Teri, thanks. I am so thrilled with my new books. I am forcing myself to save the novel for camp but the others....I will have to look for the still life with chickens one

Lisa, thanks, the fireworks didn't come out that great as I was too lazy to get out the tripod so I put them in a collage. lol

Caroline, sounds like a beautiful Christmas morning. My folks have a bookstore, so we are well cared for in that department too. I love my birthday ones.


Jeanelle, thanks so much

Dani, thanks, it was a pretty cool weekend


sC Momma, love books....love em, love em, love em!

Anonymous said...

Books ARE the best!! I'm glad you had a good one:) I loved the fireworks too!

threecollie said...

Linda, thanks, I did, and I am eagerly waiting for my new field guides to be shipped.