(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Dum Da Dum Dum....The Name

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Dum Da Dum Dum....The Name

The naming hat has had its say. My new red baby's brand new name is Northstar.

Thanks to June for naming her.

Thank you all for all the great suggestions
. Hope you will help again, the next time I come up blank in the naming department.


And in the pointless, but fun department, yesterday was not a great day. Weather issues, farming issues, general misery because it was still raining issues. Last thing at night, after chores were over, Becky and I ran downtown to do a few errands. We needed an extra copy of the paper for a friend, as the Farm Side runs on Friday. We also needed to pick up our own copy at the bottom of the driveway.

I always get a kick out of opening to the editorial page on Friday to see what title the editor has given each week's submission. This week I wrote a sort of tongue in cheek lament about leaving camp behind...I love the lake. Even though I love home too, it is always hard to change gears at the end.....Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I had, not only a nice title, (The Vacation's Over Blues) but a cartoon! Yep right in the corner, next to that lovely 11 year old photo, which makes me feel so good every single week, was a cute little drawing

It describes exactly how I feel! I drove home grinning from ear to ear after seeing it.

5 comments:

lisa said...

That is soo cool, Mappy and I will have to make sure we get a copy or read it on line!!

Ericka said...

lol - very cool!

threecollie said...

LIsa, thanks, I was so tickled. lol

Ericka, so surprising to me.

June said...

Wow! Cool! I'm honored to have named the little beauty!

threecollie said...

June, she is such a little sweetie. Her mama has always been a big on the standoffish side, but Northstar is just a dear. Thanks for the name