(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Popcorn Sniffing Dog

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Popcorn Sniffing Dog

Needed at SUNY Potsdam.

Seems every few nights somebody burns popcorn in the dorm where Becky lives, causing middle of the night fire drills that last beaucoup long. Last night's took place around two AM...and it was raining.

It is cold there, colder even than here, where Liz and I just turned the furnace fan on for the first time this season. (The stove is always going for hot water and the plenum has been open to allow passive heat for a couple of weeks now.)

I gather that the non-popcorn-burning population of the dorm would like the culprit with the overactive microwave to be banished from all aspects of late night munchie reduction. They are becoming far too familiar with the appearance of the parking lot under the streetlights.

Thus the call for a talented canine to sniff out the offending grain destruction expert and bring the situation to a close before all the students (some in night dress ill-suited for the season) get chilblains or worse.

7 comments:

R.Powers said...

I suggest finding a POPillon dog for this mission.

June said...

What, are they allowing everybody to have microwaves in their rooms now? When I went there, we had to hide our little heater coil for a cup of tea!

And...oh yeah...Potsdam is cold cold cold!

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

HA, HA at orientation for Samantha the people at Keuka pleaded with us parents, that if we did one thing before our children went of to college they wanted us to please teach our children how to pop popcorn in the microwave without burning it. And they were SERIOUS.... I asked Sam if they have had any middle of the night drills yet, so far so good...

threecollie said...

FC, why didn't I think of that!
lol

June, yeah, microwaves, mini-fridges, stay overnight boyfriends with benefits...you name it. I think I would hate dorm life now and I don't know how Beck is dealing with it...she is not that kind of girl if you know what I mean, and is rooming with someone who is. Alas...

WW, that is so funny! I don't suppose I would be laughing though if it was me out in the parking lot at 2AM in my jammies. Dang!

Anonymous said...

boyfriends w/benefits....????????????????

lol!

June said...

Hooooo boyyyy.....I hope they've upgraded the dorms' wiring since my day!
Well....after the first semester she can get sorted out and room with somebody more like her.

threecollie said...

Anon, scary boyfriends with benefits at that!

June, hadn't thought about the wiring, but good point. and we are hoping she can get a better situation for next semester.