(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: G'Day

Saturday, October 24, 2009

G'Day



It has long been my habit to arise with the chickens (figuratively of course) in order to have a bit of a while to be by myself in the gentle not-quite-morning-yet time of day. For many long years that time was filled with what my next younger brother calls God's peace. I felt calm and joy, heartfelt uplifting somewhere in the region of the center chest... a special brand of alive that helped me be ready for the challenges of the coming day.

Over the past few months, that peace has missing no matter how I search for it. The space it left behind has become filled with fear and worry. Restlessness and nervous concern.

I have talked to others who feel the same, a vague malaise that something is not quite right. Perhaps the recipe for all this is made up of frightening flu and family illness and dairy disasters and distrust of the government. I don't know. I am not sure that I want to know.

What I do know is that this morning I awoke to drizzling rain and rumbling trains, comments to answer, cat to feed and dogs to air and offer sustenance to and all the usual morning routine. Facebook games needed my attention. It was dark. All were sleeping.

And just like an old friend who calls unexpectedly to put an unanticipated shine on an otherwise gloomy day, there it was.


That sweet calm and peace that may just possibly be a taste of what Heaven might offer. Like the rising of a lark, only this time the rising of a heart. I have no idea why, and no idea how much I had missed that soft and gentle delight in just being alive.


I am thankful for it. I hope you feel it too....




11 comments:

colleen said...

Peace to you.

June said...

Odd.
I, too, feel it this morning. A peace and silence that allows contemplation . . . and an extra long blog post. :-P

Jinglebob said...

Good for you! We are such sad little creatures, aren't we, when all we have to do is trust in God and know that all things will be made right, yet we find even this small task hard to do. Well, at least, I do!

So glad you found some strength and peace.

Know that I pray for you and all the small family farmers and ranchers and business owners of this country.

Sandcastle Momma said...

So glad you had a peaceful morning. Those times are so important for our souls.

Deb said...

The world looks a little different when you are peace when you start your day. So glad you found what you needed this morning. I hope you find it everyday :)

Anonymous said...

So well written. It mirrors my feelings of late for some reason. Peace to us all:)

R.Powers said...

I love predawn morning too. Glad you found it again.

Mappy said...

Fred,
Yesterday was one of those days. I had tyhe sam kind of feeling when I came back from la-la land. Even though I had to work out in it all day. Not a bad day either .
Love ya
Mappy

CTG Ponies said...

I love the morning peace too. I get up before everyone else and try to have some quiet time. The days just don't flow the same without it.

threecollie said...

Colleen, thank you!

June, it was amazing and lovely...while it lasted

JB, I am the worst at that that you can imagine...just a full time worrywart trying to control the world. Quite stressful! I enjoyed my Saturday morning very much.
Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts!

ScMomma, you are so right and thank you

Deb, it was the best I have felt in months! Nice for a change, albeit a rather short one. Thanks

Linda, hear, hear, thank you

FC, when I was a kid I loved to sleep in...now if I do I feel as if I have missed something

Matt, I feel for you working so hard and long in the city. Glad you got home for some good time this weekend. Thanks for keeping my boy entertained. Love you!

CTG, it is the best of the day!

DayPhoto said...

I too get up before everyone else. (Now just Terry)

It's my time. I know lots of people who stay up late, but I'm just too tired to do that.

My kids joke I'm a chicken..so I enjoyed your photos of chickens for they too are busy early early and go to bed when it dark.

Linda

http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/