(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Must...........Have........Coffee

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Must...........Have........Coffee

I generally write all this stuff early in the morning before the house becomes a humming hive of people dumping clothes on the dining room table, floor etc., yelling for vice grips, dogs barking, cat howling for canz and mom hollering, "Get those shotgun shells off the kitchen table/dining room table/counter/washing machine etc."

Thus some of the typos are caused by my general literacy level (or lack thereof) and some of them are caused by coffee (or the lack thereof).

Should you be wondering by now where all this is going....yesterday, while going about a busy day involving bookkeeping, cleaning up after the weekend and making wild turkey soup out of the wild turkey I overcooked the day before, I planned a post about the joys of having a window over the kitchen sink.

And it is a joyful thing by the way. I don't know if anyone has ever done a study on how much time a farm mom spends doing dishes, washing and cutting up vegetables from the garden and boning out wild turkeys and other things, wild and domestic, but it is a lot. A nice view of unmowed lawn and shaggy heifers grazing under glowing maple trees kind of takes the curse off the boring if you know what I mean. (Add an iPod and it is almost fun....better than what everybody else did yesterday anyhow, which is cleaning stables.)

However when I sat down to write about it, I realized that every thought on the topic, except for the topic itself that is, had fled my mind. Plus the pictures I took for it came out about as humdrum as doing dishes is. (One of these days I will wash the window and knock down the big wasp nest on the frame).

So I will go get my first cup of coffee out of the microwave, let Gael in, since she is barking on the porch, and see if anything comes back to me.


Later:
Hmmmm, nope, nada, zilch, nothing.........the coffee is cold. The cat won't shut up
because we are out of canz, and the other cats knocked a bucket down, effectively locking the back door shut and causing me to have to use farm wife ingenuity (not to mention colorful language) to get the door open.....My brain won't cooperate.....sorry about that.

12 comments:

June said...

Oh, that's okay. A slice of life is as good as it gets, anyway... sometimes (especially as early as I read you) even better than lyrical language.
Right now I'm waiting for one poodle to decide that I have not, in fact, poisoned his breakfast and it is, in fact, safe to eat, while the other poodle plays soccer with his breakfast dish.
The cat is sensibly outdoors.
I'm on my second cup.

colleen said...

Thanks for sharing and letting us know that you're just like us. Life keeps it interesting. Ramblings are as intertaining as formed posts...

~ Sara ~ said...

Sounds like home to me. Other than the blasted cats are out at the barn here. Crying for food along with everything else out there.

Good Morning! :)

Sandcastle Momma said...

Sounds like a wonderful, crazy life. I love that I'm not the only one with crazy cats and shotgun shells everywhere LOL

DayPhoto said...

Sometimes I go through this it's hard, but the next day starts again.

Linda
http://coloradfarmlife.wordpress.com

R.Powers said...

I'm right there with ya.

Anonymous said...

you are pardoned....it's ok...it sounds like the world we all live in! :)

Faithful said...

I so need a window over my sink...it has been my place of contemplation and sometimes was my only place of peace and quiet. (everyone scatters when it's time for washing the pans.)

Anonymous said...

i've got the window at my sink, and they still "scatter" when it's time to do the dishes!...what's up with that!!!!

threecollie said...

June, glad you don't mind. lol....it is sad how little I can remember before the sun comes up...and once it does I am in the barn.

Colleen, thanks for visiting, glad you understand...

Sara, there are a couple that hang out on the porch here. They are terrible pests!

SC Momma, I am also glad to hear that someone else experiences the migratory shotgun shell phenomenon. They seem to multiply like Tribbles or something!

Linda, just a normal day for this crazy place....

FC, I am out of coffee just now...and there is no question in my mind that somebody is going to go to the store..today...and get some. lol

anon, thanks!

Faithful, I love my window. I see so much through it, weather, deer, turkeys, snow, rain, sometimes the mockingbird..

anon, yeah, I wonder the same thing, although Liz is pretty good about doing them if I whine..and when Beck is home she does quite a few of them for me.

Mrs. Mecomber said...

Gosh, I have a brain freeze just about every day! lol!

I agree about the kitchen window. I am not a farm wife, but I do all dishes by hand for 9+ people, besides all that cooking... and my kitchen is dark with one tiny window high above the sink. And the view is of the garage exterior wall. :-p I could bonk the head of the jerk who built this kitchen!!

threecollie said...

Mrs. M, too much house design is done by men I think. Very few of them do dishes day after boring day. I love my window with its all day drama/comedy/nature study show!