(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: I Got a Raise

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Got a Raise



The Winterberry Holly is amazing this fall.
This patch was filled with robins having a feast on their way south.


Well, almost....been writing the Farm Side for 11 years...been paid the same the whole time, except for the first couple of weeks. When I got my pay this month it reflected a significant raise. Of course I was tickled about half to death.


At Lykers



Alas, being a reasonably honest soul, I called the controller at the paper...and yeah, it was just a mistake. Oh, well, I enjoyed the imagined glory while it lasted...lol

Eclipsed wood duck, identified by Alan
at fifty mph as we passed,
and photographed by him as well (we went back and parked for that)



And Alan and I raced off to spend the money on groceries over in Cobleskill...now I just have to write four more columns that are already paid for. My cupboards are now crowded with things with which we can make other things.......and this is good.


On a sugar maple stump

11 comments:

~ Sara ~ said...

What a let down... if anyone deserves a raise it's you. Have you ever submitted an article to http://farmingmagazine.net/ ?

I adore this small magazine. Anyway just a thought. In these times anything helps, at least around here. :)

Hope your having a great day!

Dani said...

What beauty you have in the fall! Love the contrast of the brown with the red berries. So pretty.

Sorry about the raise...Sara was right, what a let down.

One good thing about having friends in Florida, you don't have to pay for lodging at motels when you're on a vacation. ;)

Moms Musings said...

Sorry about the raise, maybe they'll start thinking about it now. Love the pictures, especially the first and least.

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

CONGRATS, darn..... But I am glad the cupboards are full...

joated said...

*sigh* Face it, You'll never be paid what you're labors are worth.

Great photos, BTW.

Any idea what kind of mushrooms those are on the maple? They look like an edible variety, but my knowledge is thin in mycology. My son, in Portland, OR is more up on fungi than I. If it's not morels or shitakes, I'm not willing to take a chance.

DayPhoto said...

Darn! What a let down! You deserve a raise, your writing is very good as you blog shows.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

11 years??? I think you need to have a talk with those folks in Amsterdam, 3C ... or if you want, I'll talk to them. :)

Anonymous said...

dang it..just too good to be true...well congrats anyway...i'd give you one if i could :)

lisa said...

I agree with everyone else! You sure do deserve a raise for the fabulous writing you do!

R.Powers said...

Dang! Easy come, easy go.

threecollie said...

Sara, I was disappointed but not surprised. It happened once before several years ago. I will give the magazine a look and thanks for suggesting it!

Dani, it is very brown for sure, but that just makes the few flags of color remaining that much lovelier. I sure do like the winterberry. I want to plant some...thanks for the kind words!

Cathy M, thanks, I am so fond of that holly!

WW, boy, me too, that is a good feeling. And now we have apples too. Gonna get in a big bag of potatoes today maybe....

Joated, thanks! I don't know on the mushrooms. We stopped so Alan could get a macro of some Winterberry and they were there so I snapped. I love shrooms, but don't know enough to try any wild ones..

Linda, thanks! Guess I should be grateful to have a job at all.

aka, thanks...I am grateful I guess to have the chance to spout off and get paid for it at all...woulda been nice though. lol

anon, thanks! Maybe someday

Lisa, thank you so much. Hope all is going well for you folks

FC, well said.