(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Thank You

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Thank You

Called brother and sister in law this AM to talk about some hay they are bringing us for bedding for the bossies. Something Lisa told me then has us all full of wonder and amazing joy (and kind of choked up also). Someone, we are not to know who....but someone that we have "met" here at Northview Diary...and in their home as well I'm sure.... somewhere away from here, but close in the way of hearts....bought us eleven more bales of haylage for the cows.

I am afraid that I don't know how to say thank you well enough. Actually, I barely know what to say at all....I am so overwhelmed by such an incredible kindness. The hay Matt and Lisa brought us during that terrible storm last week already got the cows up two hundred pounds of milk. a pick up
(and we even haven't fed three bales yet) which sure is moving in the right direction. They love it and jump right up and start mooing as soon as we start to feed it. It means a lot to us that they cared to bring it to us....We are so lucky in the people around us and the people we have met here.

We have come to care for our blog friends as if they were family in a way...as if they lived next door, or down the street or across the river. We talk about their lives when we are working in the barn....their trials and joys...grand kids, horses, dogs and gardens...snow storms and sunshine, a world of wonderful folks at our fingertips. Politics and doctor visits. Snow storms and sunny Florida beaches....all enrich the fabric of our daily lives.

They...or perhaps I should say you...are an important part of our world. One of the best parts. I can never wait to get on the computer when I come in to see who has said what or what is going on.
You are great folks and I am grateful for you.

This is more than we could ever have imagined though...


To the person who bought us these bales, thank you, God bless you, we are more grateful than I know how to tell you...Your caring means the world to us this Christmas, here's hoping you and yours have a wonderful one as well.

18 comments:

Dani said...

WOW! ((HUGS)) What a wonderful gift!!! I'm so happy for all of you.



Welcome Home Breezey. :)

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

A well deserved gift to a wonderful family. I am sure I speak for your other readers as well, in that I always appreciate the time you take to share your life and opinions with us. Glad you and Becky made it home safe and the rest of your holiday season is a great one.

R.Powers said...

The blogosphere just gets more and more amazener.

Hooray for your cows and the generous gifter!

Marti said...

That is terrific - so happy for you!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

Please stop by if you get a chance - I've missed you!

June said...

That's a pretty wonderful and generous gift! Just about when you've lost hope, something good happens, huh?

Jinglebob said...

Wonderful! Great post, as usual. I too feel as you and you and th others I have got to know thru' these blogs is amazing. It's like family only I like all you guys! :)

Yup, hope springs eternal.

And how nice of your brother and sis to go to all the work to bring the feed to you. Nothing worse for a stockman than to worry about feed for the stock!

lating

Ericka said...

that's really cool!

almost gives you hope in humanity, doesn't it?

try to stay warm!

threecollie said...

Dani, I slept last night...really slept...all night long for the first time in so long I thought that I had forgotten how. To know that there are people that kind and caring is a comfort..and I am so thankful to them

Nita, I love talking to the people we meet here and reading what they say and looking at pictures of their lives. When the brucellosis outbreak caused the government to slaughter cows out by Yellowstone we knew the people involved..they were neighbors here in the world of blogging. We watched the whole thing unfold with horror. It has brought the world closer and made how I look at the news completely different. When something happens for good or bad from California to Florida to Great Britain, I know someone there. And they are all great folks

FC, it does indeed,,, see above

Marti, sorry, I had a link to your old blog and thought you had stopped posting. Glad you stopped by. I updated your link and will be visiting again now. Merry Christmas

June that is exactly right. We literally woke yesterday morning and talked about the hopelessness and not knowing what we were going to do and then this happened. I slept last night and it sure was nice.

Jinglebob, they are great people. We had some wonderful smiles yesterday when they brought down the bedding hay, One bale was pretty good so Alan fed the whole thing to the milk cows. They have been getting haylage because there was just no good weather to bale and they devoured that hay like it was candy. I slept last night knowing they were contented and full of something good and were comfortable.
I am not lying when I say that I have been hearing, "Angels we Have Heard on High" going through my head...a lot nicer than what is usually playing on the juke box in my mind. People are so darned good and I am thankful for it.

Ericka, it sure does, and thanks, we are. You too! Did you get any of the big storm?

The Wife said...

That is AWESOME! I know how important hay is and what a blessing for y'all.

Merry Christmas!!

~ Sara ~ said...

It just blessed my heart to know there are still good people out there. for most of this year I wondered about this fact.

So glad sleep you slept and that the milk weights are coming up.

Anonymous said...

The blogging worl is like one big happy family, usually that is. Families do have a difference at times but love each other. I love my blog families and rejoice and hurt with them. So great you have hay coming.

MAPPY said...

Fred Enjoy the hay any other thing that you might need let us know. Bring the boss to the party if you can. Please!!!!!
Lve ya
Mappy

Islagringo said...

I'm not surprised at all that somebody wants to reach out to you and your family. There is no mistaking what a kind, generous, giving and hard working lot you are. You deserve every good thing that comes your way. Enjoy it and having your family all together again.

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

Angels that walk among us...All the good that you do does come back, its never where or how you would think.

threecollie said...

The Wife, it is truly amazing and we are so grateful. It may make the difference between make or break for us this year

Sara, we moved hay all day yesterday and it is a good feeling to see it there.

Anon, When I started this blog, I was sort of just testing...kind of feeling my way onto the Internet. I never imagined the places it would take me or the people I would meet. It has been a wonderful experience and opened my eyes to so much more than our simple life here on the hill ever could have.

Matt, thank you so much. You folks are amazing. I am plotting how to ask him to come...all I can do is try my best. I love you too. Hope your week working in the cold and dark is not too terrible and you are soon home to enjoy Christmas.


IslaG, thanks for your kind words. We were and are amazed and really awed that someone would do such an amazing thing for us...and it is wonderful to have Beck home in time for Christmas

WW, I am amazed that this has happened to us...and very, very grateful. Hope you are having good times with your family together for the holidays. I know it is wonderful for me to have Becky home again.

DayPhoto said...

I am so happy for you, and ashamed I didn't think to do it for you.

Love you, Dear Friend!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

threecollie said...

Linda, thank you for thinking of us. We are so grateful that folks have been so kind...we are just ordinary folks and didn't expect it at all, but it sure is nice.,

Cathy said...

"we are just ordinary folks . . "

Dear. If you're 'ordinary', then I don't have an ounce of fear for the future of this country.

Wish more people were 'ordinary' like you :0)

_______________________