(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Reinventing Duck Feet

Monday, March 22, 2010

Reinventing Duck Feet

A sorta, kinda finished ducky, in front of some just barely started duckies


I have a new job, painting yard decoration animals for our milk inspector. I have no guidelines or patterns...this is just coming off the top of my head...which is amazingly empty just now. Outdoor paint is a lot harder to blend than artist's paint too, I can tell you. I hate to admit how long it took me to mix up duck foot orange on Saturday....and I got it right the first time. I am kinda, sorta dreading this....

I have one duck-ette just about finished. When I get her done I will post a photo....maybe......

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I'd love to know just what kind of paint you use. I've occasionally wanted to paint some little treasure to put in my garden, but didn't know what to use.

And I vote you show us a photo, no matter what you think of your effort. It'll sure be better than what I could do.

Jinglebob said...

Duck feet? Crackers! 'Round the bend! I tell you, she's finally hit the loony bin!

intor

The Milk Maid said...

If you need some models I will send my ducks your way.

Dani said...

It's a tough job, but someone has to do it. BAHAHAHHAHA.

lifeshighway said...

ah man, I came here for the pictures. What a great way to hook us yard art fans. I'll be back to check on your artwork.

Cathy said...

Too cute! TC painting duck toes.

Does a massage go with it?

joated said...

Well, now I know you've finally quacked!

Nice job, BYW.

Ericka said...

cute.

couldn't you use acrylics and then a clear varnish? that's what we do for our lawn art.

Mrs. Mecomber said...

They are cute!!! You've done a wonderful job, making them personable.

Sandcastle Momma said...

I love them! Good luck with the paint - so far so good.

Dani said...

They're such cuties! Great job!

threecollie said...

akagaga, we went down to Wally World and bought gloss Krylon exterior paint....don't know how it is going to weather but...and it is now there...the photo I mean

JB, you got that right. lol

TMM, hmmmm....thanks so much for your generosity, but.....

Dani, yeah, yeah, I am having SO much fun with it. lol

LHW, well, I am looking for honest assessments of them there duckies. I am inventing all this as I go

Cathy, hmmm....I hadn't thought of that.


Joated, that is no lie. I have indeed

Ericka, I'll bet I could...and I would love to see your art. Your pottery is so fantastic!

Mrs. M, thanks, soon as I get the big duckies done it is on to the little duckies, and the turtles and the bunnies and finally....the cow...

SC Momma, thanks, it was hard to get started, but now it is going a little bit better

Dani, thanks, I hope my new "boss" likes them

lifeshighway said...

The ducks are adorable. It was worth the wait.

Moms Musings said...

They are so cute. Nice job.

Cathy said...

Awwwwwww . . .:0)