(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Wanna Take a Tour?

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wanna Take a Tour?



Looking North from the Thirty-Acre Lot

C'mon along if you do. Alan needs to get some grass for the calves in the barn and he said we could ride along if we want to.



The grass is right up in the Thirty-Acre Lot, but we will go way back behind Seven County Hill, all the way to the back of the place just to see what we can see.





Wow, there are more bobolinks this year than I have ever seen before.
There must be a dozen in this field alone
.


And Red-winged black birds of course.



One of my favorite views looking north from the Sixty-Acre Lot


Some ground planted to sorghum/Sudan grass. it is just coming up, although you can't see it here


The Hickory Tree, for which Hickory Tree Field is named


Good thing the cows like dandelions.
Case 930 the mowing trator

Big doings across the river

13 comments:

Dani said...

I could pull up a chair on the porch, and grab my hoop and be set for the afternoon.

joated said...

Thanks for the walk about! Love the Bobolinks. We call them nature's upside down birds--all their bright colors are on their backs instead of their breasts.

lisa said...

Nice, thanks for sharing, it, it has been quite a long time since I have been able to see those views!

Mappy said...

Love it want help????
Love you
Mappy

Linda said...

I'd really like to see it in person...I might even pick up a pitchfork and help! I love the dandelion shot!

Faithful said...

Beautiful views and country! Thanks for sharing!

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

what a nice tour....I needed that little R&R....thanks...just lovely...

The Wife said...

Thanks for the tour!

DayPhoto said...

Love the 930. You talk like us, the 630, the 530...not names, just numbers, but we all know and understand.

Your country is beautiful! Stunning really.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

threecollie said...

Dani, how I wish you could. I would sit right beside you with the binoculars and camera and we could have a really nice visit

Joated, they are Alan's favorite bird. I am stunned by the numbers this year...and delighted. They are everywhere except down here by the house. I think the mockingbirds are keeping them away

Lisa, thanks for coming along on the tour. lol

Mappy, love you too kiddo

Linda, maybe someday if you get down our way. the guys made hay on that field and man on man does it make you sneeze when the bales drop into the mow. All those dandelions are tasty for the cows, but the seeds.....omg!

FAithful, thanks for visiting! Do come again

WW, any time, it was great to have you "visit". Thanks!

The Wife, thanks for coming along

Linda, you are so right about the tractors! 4430, 4490, most folks would scratch their heads but farmers speak the language. lol
And thanks!

Ericka said...

beautiful country. thanks for sharing!

Cathy said...

I’M going out to clean the pasture spring;
I’ll only stop to rake the leaves away
(And wait to watch the water clear, I may):
I sha’n’t be gone long.—You come too.


What a lovely hike, TC. The hickory tree, hay racking (how sweet to trot up there for the little calves), the vistas and now I know that cows eat dandelions. Great picture!

Cathy said...

P.S.

I've lined up a woman in central Ohio who guarantees me that she can locate bobolinks for me. I hope they're still singing.

What a wonderful world you walk through.