(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Strange Things in the Stats

Friday, July 16, 2010

Strange Things in the Stats

Don't you just love

I am sure most of us who use traffic meters
see some pretty strange search terms now and then. I get a kick out of watching what lands folks here and sometimes wind up scratching (or shaking) my head (although I rarely get any that are as funny as the ones Jeffro gets.)

Anyhoo, now and then Googlebot shows up in the results ...maybe five or six times a week...and it is always interesting to see what sent it here....usually calf names and growing lettuce indoors and such. However, last night it stopped by and stayed....and stayed...and stayed.....for over an hour and a half. To the tune of thirty pages.


Photos that have


Anyone more knowledgeable than I who knows what's up with that?

And what are the funniest searches that bring folks to your neighborhood?


Nothing whatsoever to do with the actual post?
(Or maybe I found the Googlebot out on my porch
and grabbed pictures of its head, paws and fur....
)

4 comments:

Rebecca Mecomber said...

GoogleBot was just crawling your posts. it does that-- it takes inventory of your posts and keywords from time to time. Then, it adds then to the search engine thingamabob, to improve search engine results.

Nice photos. :)

DayPhoto said...

I wanted you to know that I have now collected three jasmins. I'm so excited.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Linda said...

Actually that first pic could be a googlebot thingy. Actually I turned the switch off so that search engines couldn't access my blog hoping that I could maybe stay anonomous. It worked for a while at least but now everyone I know seems to have found me.

threecollie said...

Rebecca, thanks, I knew that it stopped by now and then to get tings cataloged, but I had never seen it here so long before. Love your little icon pic. lol

Linda, that is just wonderful!

Lisa, thanks

Linda, I saw that you could do that, but I have a lot of fun seeing where folks are visiting from...although you can't with very many these days.