(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Colored Breeds Show

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Colored Breeds Show



Down around the wagon by the gate at evening milking time.
Kinda like rush hour country style.

Starts in ten minutes. I am not there.

Maybe I can make the Holstein show tonight. That would be sweet as a certain dearly-loved family member usually shows up and I'd love to see him.

At least chores are done and we finally have grain.

And if you are looking to buy a beautiful children's book, I would love to send some business the way of the illustrator of this one. (You can see how fantastic her art is here)

It's a long story, but she brought our grain at 3 this AMand it wasn't exactly a good moment for her. Anyone that talented deserves support. And it sure goes to show you never know. Who would expect that a grain truck driver, incidentally a lovely and very sweet young lady, would be a published children's book illustrator too?




3 comments:

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Beautiful cows and pasture for August! Lovely sunset too :)

anne smith said...

I will order that book for my kids!! Love local talent ps i love the go to the fair to catch up with old friends who i only see there once a year. its really hard to take 4 kids though LOL they are as excited as their mom.

threecollie said...

Nita, thanks, it is a bit blurry because I was in a hurry and had to stand on tip toe on a step between the doors to get it, but it was such a lovey evening and the cows looked pretty gathering up at the gate to come in for milking

Anne, I think you might enjoy it. She was telling me the plot while we were unloading grain and it sounds like fun. Wish I had known about it sooner as I would have purchased it for a baby shower gift for a very literary mom to be in our family.