(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Moonie

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Moonie




The moon came up in a swirl of color, punkin' yaller, almost-orange, trailing fog like gypsy scarves all around her.

Of course I was out in the barn lane, putting cows up the hill, no camera, but eyes too see and marvel.

By the time I got in it was past the horizon and sailing forward and I am lousy at moon shots. But it was still a lovely thing, though not much more exciting then a lemon.

And then this morning the sun came up yellow too with the trees all fogged and dew dropped lit up dusty green. Fine weather for the harvest served up daily.


8 comments:

Paul said...

Those are pretty good pics. I never seem to get a good moon photo either. I get a far off dot, or zoom in and get a fuzzy blur. Maybe I need to get out that tripod my wife game me last year!

threecollie said...

Paul, same here. lol Tripod sits next to the china closet, encrusted in dust, while I lean on the porch railing trying to be steady. Guess I am just not serious enough. If Alan had been in I would have had him do it, as he is really good at moons.

joated said...

Nice description of the fog drapped rising moon! Very poetic.

Three (or was it four?) days of gorgeous harvest moon....

Linda said...

You are as descriptive a writer as James Lee Burke!

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Who needs a camera when your words paint a vivid picture? Lovely!

Islagringo said...

The first sentence is yet another spendid example of how you put words together to tell a story. I love reading your stuff!

Cathy said...

Honey.

You don't have to be a good moon photographer when you can spin gold out of moonbeams with your words.

Pure gold.

PS. Just read the other comments.
It's nice to know others are on to you.

threecollie said...

Joated, thank you. I was so frustrated by being where I was, seeing what I was, but no camera and no time to go get it, that I just wracked my brains for words that would help me remember it. What a nice night!

Linda, thank you so much! Wow, he wasn't an author I was familiar with, but now I am going to have Beck get me some books out on inter-library loan. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I do love finding new authors!

WW, thank you so much. As I said to Joated, I just wanted words that would help me remember how gorgeous it was out that night.

IslaG, thank you! I am so grateful that you do stop by and I much enjoy learning about your world as well.

Cathy, thank you! It always makes my day when you stop by and leave a comment. Hope all is well with you and yours.