(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Sunday Stills....Shoes and Boots

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Sunday Stills....Shoes and Boots



Becky's old flip flops....most of the shoes around here
are either nondescript sneakers or too nasty to share.




Aluminum racing plate (technically it is a shoe) from the filly Lighthearted.
She was the star of the stable at Saratoga where I worked as a hot walker for Henry S. Clark when I was in my early twenties. When we went to
the racing hall of fame we found her name listed in one of the rooms there. She won the Go For Wand and the Molly Pitcher Stakes in 1973.



And this is Charlie Daniel's cowboy boot


And this is its owner. Becky took me to the concert last night.
Wow!


For more Sunday Stills.......

13 comments:

Dani said...

I hope you girls had a great time!

lisa said...

That is so cool with the horse shoe! I never knew! Charlie Daniels is a good performer but we have seen him before so I wasn't too worried about not seeing him.

Brenda said...

sounds like a great time!

Shirley said...

The apple and horseshoe is a great photo. I love Charlie Daniel's big hat!

Lori Skoog said...

Forget the shoes! That Charlie Daniels shot is fantastic!

Janice said...

Great post and you are right your versian was different and very good.

Ed said...

Love the horseshoe and apple. CDB is lookin'n a bit old, seems like all my faves from the 80's are getting that way..:-)

Regular Guy said...

Like the horseshoe and apple shot. Looks like you got pretty close to Charlie Daniels. Also looks like fun.

Linda said...

Famous feet.....great job!

threecollie said...

Dani, thanks, it was fun

Lisa, thanks, I am so glad I saved it all these years. I wish I remembered what race she wore it in.

Brenda, sure was loud! lol

Shirley, thanks. I was astonished at his guitar playing. Knew he was a great fiddler, but he is great on guitar too

Lori, thanks,

Janice, thanks, it was kind of hard to find anything interesting.

Ed, thanks. So many of the guys we liked then have died! Dan Seales, Dan Fogelberg....it is so sad

RG, tenth row, and thanks!

LInda, thanks. I was so discouraged by this one...no interesting people shoes around here. Then at the concert I thought, wow! There are some cool boots right there. Couldn't get a very good pic though because the man does not exactly stand still much. lol

WildBlack said...

The horse shoe was real cool! :D

threecollie said...

WB, thanks!

DayPhoto said...

Flip-flops! My kind of shoe!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com