(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Barnyard Math

Saturday, April 02, 2011

Barnyard Math


Take one pair of pea fowl in a coop near the stove

Plus one bright, breezy spring day. It is really nice out.

Which makes them cheerful and talkative (pea fowl sound just like what you might get if you crossed a provoked pig with an amorous jackass).

Add one boss man splitting kindling so the old lady (who has cleaned out the stove) can build a new fire.....

And what do you get?

Whack....SCREAM....whack..SCREAM....whack..SCREAM.

Every time that ax hit the wood, the male shrieked as if he had been hit. It was funny as heck. Of course when the sun is shining, the air is full of spring and the sky is afluff with poofy clouds, it doesn't take a whole lot to make me laugh.

5 comments:

joated said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Rev. Paul said...

I used to split wood for my grandmother's stove - and the neighbor kept pea fowl. I have SO been there, and it's hilarious after awhile. THanks for the laugh, and the memories.

lisa said...

I love the picture!

NumberWise said...

And I laughed out loud, too!

threecollie said...

Joated, any time. You should have heard me cackling when I was walking down to the house. The timing was positively perfect.

Rev. Paul, isn't it hilarious when they do that? The timing was perfect and helped along by the boss exclaiming once when he didn't hit the log just right.

Lisa, thank you! I cannot wait to get them outdoors this summer

NW, they are so funny. I am a sucker for birds, especially crazy barnyard fowl. They sound so human. Can't wait until you can see them