(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Growing Tomatoes Indoors

Friday, October 14, 2011

Growing Tomatoes Indoors



Maybe. Started this plant specifically to bring in and kept it on the porch all summer. It is doing quite well so far. My biggest concern is pollinating future flowers. Back when I was in college (when they were first inventing dirt) we had a little patio tomato where I lived and we pollinated it with a paint brush. I tried that with the first two blossoms this one set and failed. Hoping for better luck next time. Meanwhile I am going to have a nice tomato sandwich for breakfast today at least.

7 comments:

joated said...

Good luck playing the bee. Nothing like a vine ripe tomato in the middle of winter to make you feel better about the sleet and snow outside!

Dani said...

I bet it'll do just fine inside. Is it going in your plant and comfy chair room?

Linda said...

My tomatoes failed miserably outside this year so the sandwich sounds good. My mother in law uses a pollinating spray indoors on hers but I haven't a clue about it.

Anonymous said...

My sister-in-law had indoor lemons for years. She used a q-tip.

threecollie said...

Joated, boy do I hope that it works. I had one of the tomatoes for breakfast and it was wonderful

Dani, it is just north of my chair. lol

Linda, ours did pretty lousy too. They grew but it was so wet they spoiled really quickly.

akagaga, wow, thanks for the "tip". I am going to try that. I am sure hoping that this works!

Cathy said...

Ahahahahahahahaaaa! :D

" . .when they were first inventing dirt."

threecollie said...

Cathy, we lived right down the road from the factory...just ask my kids. lol